Watchtower Oct 15 2014

by Listener 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Listener
    Listener

The October Watchtower 2014 is now up on jw org.

Regarding the New Covenant they write

The Governing Body sets the scene in the first article by stating how they are like Jesus and as humans they are sinless in God's eyes.

Then on page 24 they state this

Appropriate direction on how best to do this work is provided through God’s organization. This may at times mean being given new assignments of work.

8 Faithful servants of Jehovah have always been eager to submit to theocratic direction. (Read Hebrews 13:7, 17.) We may initially lack full understanding of the reasons for carrying out our assigned work in a particular way. Nevertheless,we are fully aware of the benefits of cooperating with Jehovah in any adjustments that he sees fit to make.

Cedars produced a great Youtube on this quote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Jle2LzxD0&list=UUz1w0ll081JJiYcjb298pOw

This is similar to what they have said before. They do make it clear here that any changes are not their changes but are changes made by God himself. This is more than saying that they are speaking for God because they are the ones making the changes, not God and yet they are saying it is God making the changes.

It would appear that they are telling the r& f to accept the changes they have already made to date and they make this comment

In recent years, a number of branch offices have been merged with others. Though such changes require that the brothers and sisters serving at these branches make adjustments, before long the advantages of the changes become clear to all involved. (Eccl. 7:8) What a joy it is for such willing workers to play a part in the ongoing history of Jehovah’s people!

They make the claim that the advantages of closing the Branch offices have become clear to everyone involved. What a big fat lie and they don't even substantiate it, I don't think they've even explained why there was a need to close all these branches. If this were true there would be absolutely no need to write the above in the first place. They are terrible manipulators.

They do provide some quotes from a few dubs that have accepted the changes and includes -

Dayska says: “When I remembered that the invitation came from Jehovah, I accepted it gladly.”

Again we have the Governing Body confirm that direct instructions that they issue are not from them but are from God. Any wrong decisions that they have made are there not from them but are from God.

We told ourselves, ‘When faced with Jehovah’s winds of change, it is better to set your sails than to build barriers.’ ”

"God's winds of change" - talk about an uncertain God and one that is left to the whims of a bunch of men who decide what his people will and won't do for his people at any given time.

This magazine represents the 100th year to the month of Chirst's rulership - again we have to ask, what rulership is this?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Man they're becoming more cultish every day.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I only need to read page 24 To unerstand the Governing Body has now made themselves God!( Nevertheless,we are fully aware of the benefits of cooperating with Jehovah in any adjustments....) Ok!

Hebrews 13:8

8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. :-)

9 Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. :-)

Jehovah never made any ADJUSTMENTS therefore Jehovahs Witnesses are being carried away by ALL kinds of STRANGE doctrines.

It is that simple read scriptures to see if it fits!

God does not need to make adjustments!

FALSE TEACHINGS can destroy your life and families future.

• factfinder
    factfinder

marked

• designs
    designs

sarahsmile- There are all sorts of changes in the NT about Christianity, why wouldn't the JWs or any Christian Church feel authority to make changes.

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks for the scripture Sarahsmile.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

seem to me the gb have become unaccountable to anyone or anything......what they say goes..without question.

'winds of change' (scorpions hit!)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yep, the GB/ORG = YHWH. It's only going to get worse from here on. This cult will not die quietly. I told my wife that she would hear increased emphasis on obeying the SLAVE/Organization above all else. Sadly, she is brainwashed. Only time will tell if she will wake up.

DD

• DATA-DOG
  • Comatose
    Comatose

THUMBS UP! I have seen this happening, but Cedar's does a fantastic job here vocalizing it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit