Delete Personal Messages

by Maranatha 47 Replies latest forum suggestions

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Mikado: How the hell do I know ? People reveal themselves

and their educational background when they make an argument.

This is not a game. Game sites are elsewhere. There are people

dying out there because of this cult.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I've never been on a website that doesn't allow you to delete your own personal messages.

Am I understanding this right ? It`s a PM you have sent to somebody that you want to delete ? I may be wrong but arent PM`s just between the two parties ? not to be seen by anybody else ?

If so I dont see a problem .

smiddy

• steve2
    steve2

Village thanks for your considered reply.I veer more towards athiesm than Christianity. Sure, my upbringing in the organization may account for some of that but it is important to recognize that the stand against fundamental beliefs - whether JW or the many, many variants - has an excellent pedigree.

There are some good websites from those who no longer subscribe to Christianity or belief in the Bible. Here are some: living after faith (Rich Lyons), losingmyreligion.com.

While it is unfortunate that some of the exchanges you've had with others have been so negative for you, there are necessary exchanges for people who are ready to see that the "seeds" of the fundamentalist mindset are firmly planted in the Bible. For example, shunning as an act of judgement against other believers is propagated in the Pauline letters. Of course, fringe groups milk this for all its worth.

Just as Witnesses resort to personal attack rather than engage in listening to and responding to he different views, so it is that believers from other persuasions too may be quicker to attack the speaker than even hear what's said. I acknowledge that even unbelievers do this and that not all believers do. I have not seen all your posts, but you do come across as very dismissive of anyone who identifies as as unbeliever or athiest, attributing judgemental motives to them. It would be a shame if all the heat went into personal attacks and little went into accurately hearing what has been said.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Welcome Maranatha :

I know this site can seem a little disconcerting. It's like falling down the rabbit hole.

If I read a post that disturbed me, I would click on the poster's name and then click on their previous posts. This would give me an idea about where they were coming from. There are a lot of experiences here. You may find out that some of them echo your own or you might find a different perspective on things.

I know which posters I will read and which ones I will ignore depending on the subject.

I hope you stick around and keep an open mind.

Feel free to start an introductory post and tell your story. We would love to get to know you.

Miss.Fit

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Maranatha your right! and Welcome!

The name is miss leading! I think that would be a good name for this website.

Years ago this website had several good bibical debates based on the bible but it evolved just like the WTs doctrines! I doubt I understand the new JWs.

Look at it this way some Christian for exJW sites go the opposite way. They think they are the brotherhood of Christ and long to control others by the bible! Eldership is to help you. It is the Kingdom Hall all over again. They lack diversity and it is their way are the high way. Disfellowshipping you because you doubted Pauls letter then gang up on you like wolves! Calling you names by abusing the bible. Lack respect for ladies because of their elder mentality,disgrunted husband,or just hate women. Elders kissing each others by overly blogging as if they are the most important ones "closer" to Jesus.

At least here you know were everyone stands. Yeah I get tired of the Atheist but considering what Steve stated I have some more understanding. Atheist get tired of my Christian out look.

What about the ones who were never JW, yet they are trying to help JWs. Some days you can have a good laugh.

Welcome!

• losingit
    losingit

The atheist -believer debates can be exhausting and sometimes troubling to read. I try to avoid them. I did a lot of research on this site about jw doctrines and history using the search button above before i started posting regularly. I devoured jwfacts and went straight to the personal experiences on this site. Even tho I was a jw, I feel like Im a bit different from your typical member on this site-- i was a convert, no family followed me into the cult, my ex is df'd also, his family lives in another coubtry, so i have no regular contact with witnesses unless i seek them out (which i haven't. ) in addition, although i was baptized ,i believed only to some degree. Lots of the doctrine was/ is stupid /nonsensical so in many ways i was happy to go back to being me after leaving last july. idk your personal situation. But this site is very useful if you need support with moving on with your life after the jws.

• losingit
    losingit

Btw -- i also want to know how to delete pms. Gonna check to see if it can be done.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's not Simon's fault that the WTBTS CULT exists. He makes some money, big deal. This website is a wonderful place. Knowing that you are not alone is awesome and extremely liberating. The mental health benefits are invaluable. Some of us would be in a very bad place if this site did not exist.

As for the deletion of messages...I can't answer. I am guilty of sharing too much at times, but that's life. I am a crazy guy from a crazy cult.

DD

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I don't hate God, anymore than I hate the tooth fairy, I just don't see any evidence that either exists.

This is a great site, not every one here is an Athiest. A lot of people here were JWs, but found out the truth about the truth and realized we had been lied to and manipulated. We then lost all our friends and family because we didn't want to be part of that anymore, which is a hard thing to live with. We are here to support each other and to shed light on the deceptive practices of the Watchtower.

If you can't handle the real truth, then the solution is obvious, don't come here. Nobody can read your PMs but you, so don't worry about it.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I reckon many who now say they are atheist or 'hate god' do so because the wt /GB drove them to it!

Strange how a religion that claims to worship god actually does a great job of driving many people away from being a Christian of any sort!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit