How many things did you toss out in the name of Jehoover

by love2Bworldly 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Not a thing...my family though 3 generations in did not put much stock in following other people's "consciences."

I listened to many "forbidden" record albums at my elder/regular pioneer family member.

Went to movies beyond G-rated, even a few R's (nowadays I find R's lacking in content that interests me anyway)

Not like jws that wore mini-skirts to school and approved clothing to the KH

Or the ones who had worldly music on disguised cassettes (kingdom song cases)

Demon infested gifts from non-jws!!! Yet jws buy used cars from non-jws or even new cars that could have been assembled satanic employees, let alone non-jws...HYPROCRISY

Rainbow stickers....what was his "reasoning"?

(Genesis 9:12-16) 12 And God added: “This is the sign of the covenant that I am giving between me and YOU and every living soul that is with YOU, for the generations to time indefinite. 13 My rainbow I do give in the cloud, and it must serve as a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 And it shall occur that when I bring a cloud over the earth, then the rainbow will certainly appear in the cloud. 15 And I shall certainly remember my covenant which is between me and YOU and every living soul among all flesh; and no more will the waters become a deluge to bring all flesh to ruin. 16 And the rainbow must occur in the cloud, and I shall certainly see it to remember the covenant to time indefinite between God and every living soul among all flesh that is upon the earth.”

(Revelation 4:1-3) . . .After these things I saw, and, look! an opened door in heaven, and the first voice that I heard was as of a trumpet, speaking with me, saying: “Come on up here, and I shall show you the things that must take place.” 2 After these things I immediately came to be in [the power of the] spirit: and, look! a throne was in its position in heaven, and there is one seated upon the throne. 3 And the one seated is, in appearance, like a jasper stone and a precious red-colored stone, and round about the throne [there is] a rainbow like an emerald in appearance.

(Revelation 10:1, 2) 10 And I saw another strong angel descending from heaven, arrayed with a cloud, and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as the sun, and his feet were as fiery pillars, 2 and he had in his hand a little scroll opened. . . .

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Most important possession - self confidence.

Growing up I always felt inferior, shy and ashamed.

Good jobs with more money.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My father confiscated Beatles/Dylan/Stones/WHO and placed the albums in a conspicuous place. Destruction may have been kinder. Ouyr favorite TV shows were banned but he would watch them to torture us. Once I left my bedroom and saw that my brother placed a shaving mirror. He had the image and my father supplied the audio. When my father died, my mom let me have my rock music and Beatles posters. She picked me up at legendary rock concerts in NY. In fact, I was too young to drive up to Woodstock so she came along.

I believe rock music and Students for a Democratic Society freed me from the Witness. The music was defiant and fun. SDS let us know that high school students had some rights.

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

I remember having a bad dream one night, at about the age of 14. When I woke up, I reasoned that I had this bad dream, cause demons were in my room, and I must have something in my room that let them in. I found a fashion magazine that I bought at the grocery store and ripped out the horoscope section and threw the page away. Then I slept better after that. I was SO afraid of demons.

I had a friend that broke up all her Led Zepplin tapes cause she heard a rumor that if they were played backwards, it said something satantic. I still recall her crying over the trash can- she was scared of demons to.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I don't have a personal experience, but i know of a family who reported of weird noises in their home, so they thought an object in their home had demons. So they decided to throw away everything in their home which was given to them by other people.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I cannot understand anybody getting rid of such mainstream music as The Stones, The Beatles or even Dylan !...Mind you I used to hear some of the "strong counsel" and bristle at it. I always said that if I had parents who would throw away my music, that would be it - I would leave home!

Later on I kept playing rock records, I got married & was appointed an elder but still loved heavy bands like Led Zep and G n Roses in the 80's -90's . Man I needed a release to cope with the stress of keeping it all together.. I never advertised it in the cong. but did not hide it either. Nobody complained.

I could always see that it was wrong to let another man dictate my conscience, but I can see why so many followed the Society's direction. It was very clear that such things were very wrong and the opening to approach by The Demons.... Nowadays Sir Mick Jagger & Sir Paul Mccartney are respected members of the establishment...

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

BluesBrother - Remember around the mid 80's i think it was the Borg came out and said that we should get rid of any "demonic" music we have in our homes? I remember a sister who was close to my mom bragging about how after her teenage son read that he immediately went to his collections and threw out some of his music, guess he regrets that now since he's no longer in da troof!

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

Great topic! How stoopid were we all? Ha ha

I was contacted on first call just before I was 19. (1990)

1) Before I was sheep dipped I destroyed the cover of a beautiful bootleg album by The Smiths (A Nice Bit of Meat) because it has a photograph of a naked Marilyn Monroe which only showed a nipple. I've still got the LP, but it's no longer worth what it should be.

2) Also, my study conductor (who I married less than 5 months after I was put through the sheep dip) convinced me to get rid of ALL material I had by Throwing Muses (US indie band).

The reason? The lead singer, Kristen Hersh, had bi-polar and that was reflected in her music. To my wife, bi-polar was on a par with being demon possessed!

Who was I to argue? She had taught me nothing but "Truth", right???

3) Also, during my study, a brother from another congregation came along. He heard me listening to The Wonder Stuff song "Size of a Cow". He thought it was inappropriate because the lyrics talk about being 'drunk a thousand times'.

My wife-to-be overruled him when he left, and told me his favourite band was KISS. Feckin' hypocrite.

TF1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit