Modern JW Org

by Infowarrior 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Exodus 32:18-22:

But Moses said: “It is not the sound of singing over a victory, And it is not the sound of wailing over a defeat; I hear the sound of another kind of singing.”

As soon as Moses got near the camp and saw the calf and the dances, his anger began to blaze, and he threw the tablets from his hands and shattered them at the foot of the mountain. He took the calf that they had made and he burned it with fire and crushed it into powder; then he scattered it on the water and made the Israelites drink it. And Moses said to Aaron: “What did this people do to you that you have brought a great sin upon them?” Aaron replied: “Do not be enraged, my lord. You well know that the people are inclined to do evil.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

All other things being considered, a turquoise green Les Paul is just wrong!

• LogCon
    LogCon

JESUS WELCOMES YOU

Quite radical. What's next?

Jesus loves you?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This going door to door and encouraging house holders to go to their web site, I think is a very bad idea for the WT corporation to impliment.

One reason being that the house holder is not affraid to look up other stuff about the JWs while in the process of looking for JW.org(and if warned in advance about not going to other site's this will raise suspicion to a unindoctrinated person). This in turn could lead to further discussion on a return visit about information found on other WT expose sites, not recomended by the Corporation, with the possiblity of more exposure of the WT's dellusions to the JW publisher.

I see it as a lose lose situation this door to door promotion of the JW.org web site(which really is quite crappy and embarassingly childish and has absolutely no appeal to the unindoctrinated).

But oblivious to the fact that everybody doesn't view rhetoric of the Governing Body as do the heavily indoctrinated and they are also very blind to what would really appeal to people, besides some pipe dream about living forever serving an angry and vindictive God, while living in a deathless paradise.

These guys and this corporation are so caught up in their own dellusion it is impossible to make a good web site that won't scare off 1000x more than it does attract(only the extremely niave, & desparate, which will further dumb down the whole organization).

Those who have web sites exposing the Watchtower Corporation should rejoice at the greater influx of inquirers via the WT's corporate efforts to get more visits to their JW.org site. This one move has backfire written all over it.

• factfinder
    factfinder

That Jesus Welcomes You sign is bizzare- are they baptists or some other protestants?

What about Jehovah welcomes you?

The religion is really changing and is so different then it was when I began to study in 1976.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Oh my! The videos on p1 blew me away - I think my father especially would have beaten everyone there with his 'old' NWT.

This link too! What is happening!? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xyp6rn8NrM

• factfinder
    factfinder

M*A*S*H*- that video , the elder that studied with with me would have blown a fuse! He would have beaten those dancers up!

What is happening? These are NOT Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

factfinder - "What is happening?"

Sometimes I get the distinct feeling that the WTS is losing its (collective) mind.

• Magnum
    Magnum

M*A*S*H, factfinder, & Vidiot. I feel as you three do. It's just a whole different feel to the org now. It's strange.

the elder that studied with with me would have blown a fuse

I'm curious to know what some of the old-timer, more digniifed, intelligent, & knowledgeable JWs would think about this. I have saved the videos and plan on showing them to some of the old-timers I know. I need to hurry, though; only a few left. They're dying off.

Good question: "what's happening?" One of the reasons I visit this site regularly is to keep up with what's going on. It's interesting to watch the morphing of the org. I don't know what's next. I know it ain't what it used to be, and I believe it's going to get stranger and that more changes are ahead.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Our congregation used to have 'talent' shows every now and again... everything performed had to be vetted first. The event would not be allowed in the Kingdumb Hall, rather a village hall was rented. You certainly were not allowed to get 'carried away'. I suppose that is about as close to the videos as we ever got in the 90's and 00's.

I cannot say I enjoyed the talent shows, primarily because everything was tinged with that 'falseness' that dubs do best, secondly there never seemed to be much talent on display. After the initial shock and suprise that Brother Boring Britches can play the kazoo wears off, you quickly realise he is going to play all four versus of 'We are Jehovah's Witness' :o\

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit