Modern JW Org

by Infowarrior 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I am embarrassed by those videos; the celebration of style over substance.

This is the type of thing the WT has always sniffed at and condemned.

An R&B band?? NOT kingdom songs?

What the hell?

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Is this how JWs will dance at Armageddon as they watch their "God" slaughter
    billions of non-jws .

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Change my arse. Try having a band play at KH for a wedding and see how far you get.

• sporece
    sporece

And what's the big deal about international delegates?????

I guess they have to find a reason to celebrate since everything else is demonic, wicked and deserving of DF.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

They told me all rock'n'roll music was Satanic..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q4gQl7U3gE

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

This is only done for international delegates for the international assembly. They're the new line of VIP members, a class of it's own. They get the special treatment and respect from the average JW's and congregations.

"all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"- George Orwell'a Animal Farm

• millie210
    millie210

Thank you for taking the time to put all of these in one spot.

You truly make good on your name "Infowarrior"!

It is a new and confusing day to be a JW.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Mickey mouse: We've been out less than 3 years but I hardly recognise it.

Same with me. It's so different from the JWdom I knew.

designs: They're trying to be relevant.

Yes, they are, but they are laughably irrelevant and don't seem to recognize it.

Just Kidding: I like this new direction in which the org is heading towards. More relaxed & open, rather than being uptight & rigid

I hope you are just kidding.

konceptual99: Yup, cos there is nothing even remotely bizzare about dancing in suits and ties in a car park, or cheering like a bunch of fans at a movie premiere for some people who managed the ridiculous feat of getting on a plane, flying to another country and then going on a bus trip. In a suit.

Oh, and it proves white people can't dance. In (or out of) a suit.

So true about the whites dancing. They shouldn't even go there. I'm embarassed.

joe134cd: I must admit this is a big step forward.

In what way? I think it's a bunch of steps backward. JWs predict the end of the world is imminent and that most humans are about to become bird food. Is what's shown in the videos the way they should be acting if they truly believe what they say they do?

You and I see things completely differently in this case. I see a bunch of goody-goody nerds trying to be hip, cool, and relevant and failing miserably. As a JW in years past, I remember seeing church groups doing things like what's shown in the videos and thinking how goody-goody and self-righteous and corny they were. Now I'm seeing JWs do the same things and I get the same feeling about them.

I liked JWs when I thought they had doctrinal truth and they were serious and dignified and proud to be different. Now, they're selling out; they're corny & embarassing. They get dumber and dumber. They smugly and self-righteously think they have the truth, yet can't even begin to defend their doctrine and theology. I want nothing to do with them.

I have nothing against music and dancing and fun. I love it. For example, recently my wife and I went to one of the Disney parks in Orlando. As we entered the gate, we saw musical groups, dancing, acrobatics, etc. everywhere we looked. It was fun & stimulating. I hated to leave. But what I experienced that day was far different from seeing a bunch of stupid, clueless, corny JWs trying to show everybody they are hip and can have fun.

AlphaMan: From the looks of the videos coming out the JWs are now getting the Holy Ghost

Yep, looks like it.

Pistoff:

I am embarrassed by those videos; the celebration of style over substance.

This is the type of thing the WT has always sniffed at and condemned.

An R&B band?? NOT kingdom songs?

What the hell?

I feel as do you.

A.Proclaimer: This is only done for international delegates for the international assembly. They're the new line of VIP members

True. So it's sort of like a class distinction. Only those with money who can afford the cost of the trip get the VIP treatment. The poor old pioneer who gave his all to the org and barely has enough to eat will never be able to afford such trips (I know; I was the poor pioneer).

millie210: It is a new and confusing day to be a JW.

Yeah; I'm still scratching my head trying to figure it all out. What's going in JW land? It sure is different. When I came in, it was serious and dignified, and we really thought the end was imminent and we lived accordingly. Now, it seems that JWs think they are in for the long haul and are trying to be seen as a fun, hip group.

• done4good
    done4good

Just unbelievable...well maybe not really given the reality of social evolution, but I digress...

Churches were doing this in the '60s and '70s, (especially Catholic post Vatican II). This music would have been considered "worldly" at best, if not outright associated with "Christendom", (i.e. Pete Seeger's/Byrds Turn Turn Turn), in any Kingdom Hall.

There is definately a rebranding going on. I am lost as to what the endgame is though.

d4g

• Magnum
    Magnum

Yeah, done4good, it seems like a deliberate, calculated rebranding. The org knows that the old brand was outdated & failing.

What is the endgame? Is it to simply try to keep more from leaving and be more attractive to possible recruits? If so, they will no longer attract any really quality recruits; they will only attract those who have no lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit