Is this a new "This Generation" or not?

by Doug Mason 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

First of all I want to express my sincere gratitude to Atlantis and his good friends for making this 2014 book available.

------------

As I see it, and I am absolutely open to contradiction, the WTS appears to be giving another new meaning to “This Generation”. This time the term means all of his “anointed followers”, including his immediate Disciples. The following is from this new book:

“This generation.” Did Jesus have in mind unbelievers? No, … when Jesus spoke of “this generation,” he had in mind his anointed followers. (“God’s Kingdom Rules!”, page 11, para 16, Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, 2014, italics in the original)

Doug

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

18 How, then, may we understand Jesus' words about
    "this generation"? The generation consists of two over-
    lapping groups of anointed ones-the first is made up of
    anointed ones who saw the beginning of the fulfillment of
    the sign in 1914 and the second, anointed ones who for a

P12
    time were contemporaries of the first group. At least some
    of those in the second group will live to see the beginning
    of the coming tribulation. The two groups form one gener-
    ation because their lives as anointed Christians overlapped
    for a time.

I don't think there is any Noo Lite.
    All I see is that they have dropped the word 'evidently' and slipped in "... for a time ..." when describing the two groups as 'contemporaries', which the two groups are not.

Once more the WT has to coin a new meaning for a word, and this time, it's not even a word that Jesus used in their problem scripture, it's their own that they superimposed on it.

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

This generation was the generation he was in. He told the disciples it would happen in his and thier lifetime. He told those standingin front of hime that some of them would still be alive when he returned in his kingdom and they (the apostles) would not finish going through all the tribes of Israel before he came back .So then he was either lieing, misleading them or it happened as he said. For me i believe in what he said and he did come back for them just as he promised.

They were all fully expecting his return. It was the last days, the last hour, close,at hand, near, etc etc in their generation. All the prophecies and revelation were about the destruction of jerusalem, the covenant and the temple. All fullfilled. The new arrangement (the kingdom) rules since in the hearts of men since

There are no dual fulfillments either. The tribulation was one time only never to be seen again according to The Messiah. His elect now rule with him in the heavens anything else since thne is counterfeit. ALL tribes nations and tongues will enter in and acknowledge the king of kings AND Lord of Lords, the name above every other name Jesus Christ. He dwells or will dwell within you if you want him , the Kingdom is within you, the truth is within you.You will never die, death has gone already,at the end of your life youwill be changed form mortal to imortal in the blink of and eye, you willnot see death the victory won in the 1st century. It cannot be seen or touched nor made by human hands or bricks and mortar, God does not dwell in man made temples he dwells within you and he will teach you the truth.There are not 2 great tribulations or 2 second comings Peace and Love

• designs
    designs

Give it a rest givee.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Dazed and confused.....

iTS not confusing forget what man has taught you .Look at it from what the Messiah said to who and when.

• stillin
    stillin

Designs: give it a rest.

Actually, "givee's is the best explanation I've heard yet. I'm not much of a believer anymore and I don't care to be preached at, either, but that wasn't so bad.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Has LARS been reincarnated?

Doc

• Fernando
    Fernando

Interesting...

They believe they are right no matter how wrong they are.

What if God believes they are wrong no matter how right they are?

(2 Thessalonians 1:7, 8) . . .the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance upon those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus.

(Matthew 7:22, 23) . . .Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness.

Let every man be a liar including me so God can be true. SO why does it does matter so much to you what i beleive. All i know is Christ crucified died and resurrected. The throwing around of scriptures in the scriptural tennis game goes on, instead of glorifying the The King of KIngs within them they throw scriptures around .

"they keep searching the scriptures becasue in them they think they have everlasting life". There look i just did it

You do not get the free gift of life form a book you get it from the one who the scriptures testify about. DO you know him or do you know how to remember where ceertain scriptures are.I pray you know him. Let him flow from within you so you can walk in love and mercy towards others without condemnation ofyourself or others.So he can be glorified, not you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit