What is this latest letter from the GB about?

by stuckinarut2 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They have a challenge on their hands. How do you motivate the troops with the "100 years" hype, but at the same time NOT hype it so much that the general public cries BS?!?! Answer: A BS "campaign" in August that means absolutely nothing to anyone except JWs!! Think about it. Where are the fantastic 100 year commemorative tracts?!?! Wouldn't YOU make something awesome for Jesus' 100 year anniversary?!?!

There is NOTHING. NO awesome video about Jesus. No movie about Jesus. No super awesome gold leafed tract or brochure about Jesus. Nadda, zip, zilch, NOTHING. NOTHING tangible for Wordly people to point to 10 years from now. Just tired dubs going D2D with cheap tracts and their own phones and I-pads. The ONLY "evidence" of this HISTORIC campaign will be VIRTUAL and easily "adjusted"/forgotten.

Isn't it odd that "Christ's brothers" aren't doing MORE...??? Think about THAT!

DD

• SadElder
    SadElder

Reminds me of car dealers advertising the biggest sale ever - never to be repeated, until of course, the next biggest sale ever.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Are they doing the 30 hour aux. pio.? Or have they brought it down to 15 hour aux. pio. yet?

So they reach some new highs in their statistics next month, so what? When the Titanic was sinking the stern of that ship achieved heights it had never reached before!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Oh for god's sake. Nothing but a works-based religion ruled by task masters. Are JW elders and pioneers the biggest gullible mugs in Christendom?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep, it was just that!

A big campaign for the tract work promoting the website....then the meeting with ms and elders went like this in our cong:

"so brothers, as sheep follow the example of a shepherds lead, we would like all appointed men and their families to pioneer during that month. We can certainly tell through these sort of letters and strong directions that the F&DS is showing us just how close the end is now! When the end comes very soon, can we justify to them and jehovahs why we did not pioneer?"

Like wow......talk about pushing! Yes, as already mentioned, this is directly in contrast to "let each one do as he has resolved in his heart not under compulsion"

There is no choice in our cong!

When I don't pioneer, I will effectively be laying down the challenge to them "bring it on!" Because I will indeed be in the spotlight then!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Since when do we have to justify our actions the GB?! LET'S REVIEW: [ Your answer here ]

DD

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

You're right DD!

You know, at first, every time you wrote "let's review, it's a cult" I thought it was a little simplistic or repetitious...

BUT now...EVERY time I sit in the hall, or hear witnesses talk, I hear those exact words in my brain!

You are so very correct!

Yes it is a cult!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

To be clear, I did not originate that saying. I think it was DOC, perhaps. Anyway, it's a great phrase because it's true. Why does the ORG do whatever they want? Why must you obey the SLAVE as you would obey Jeehoober???

LET'S REVIEW: IT'S A FRIGGIN CULT!!!!!

DD

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!

we are stepping it up here now!

its not " just a cult."..."..it's a friggin cult" now

Love it!

• Magnum
    Magnum

stuckinarut2 [relating elder & ms meeting in his cong]: When the end comes very soon, can we justify to them and jehovah why we did not pioneer?

A similar question appeared in the Watchtower in the 1980's. It's one of the things that motivated me to become a reg pio back then (and waste the prime of my life).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit