Full-time service is MORE IMPORTANT than taking care of elderly parents!!! It says so in the Sept 2014 WT

by EndofMysteries 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Paragraph 20 out of the article in the Sept 2014 study WT about fulltime service says this...

"Full-time servants age, and so do their parents. When parents are Witnesses, likely their fondest wish is for their children to stay in their assignments. ( 3 John 4 ) Of course, if their parents need care, full-time servants will do all they can and will come to help them as often as possible. Still, those back home may help those in the full-time ministry by being ready to provide care if aging parents need assistance. Bear in mind that full-time servants have significant responsibilities in the most important work the world has ever known. ( Matt. 28:19, 20 ) Could you or your congregation lend a hand if the parents of full-time servants need help?"

Pretty much my understanding of this doctrine is now this......Do NOT save or plan for retirement because the end is SO CLOSE, and don't have your kids save or plan for retirement. Spend all your time placing watchtower magazines. When you get old and need care and are unable to afford proper care due to not planning for retirement, your kids can help ONLY with their 'extra spare time' BUT their first priority is continuing to place magazines full time. The scripture about caring for aging parents and providing for those of your own household doesn't apply because the faithful and discreet slave say placing magazines is more important!

• Splash
    Splash

Aged full time servants have already given their lives and money to the WT, but that's no longer enough. Those aged ones now need to give their children, and stop being so unwell or demanding.

Old ones can be so selfish!

Splash

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Pretty much says it all

• ambersun
    ambersun

Have the writers of this drivel stopped to consider for one second what kind of 'witness' this is giving to the outside world? These poor elderly parents are being left to the mercy of members of their congregation to care for their needs because their own flesh and blood need to carry on knocking doors peddling WT literatrash as this is far more important!

Well, I can inform WT that all the worldly people I come into contact with who have seen this sort of thing going on are totally disgusted by it. No TRUE Christian would put the demands of a religion before the needs of their own flesh and blood.

I am currently in the process of trying to get across to my own JW relative who is a full time carer that she shouldn't be expected to go out getting her hours in in the ministry when she is already exhausted. This religion is totally lacking in compassion towards its members and in my mind is evil!

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Selling magazines, excuse me, placing magazines at peoples doors, asking for money to send to New York of course is more important than old peoples needs.

• Ding
    Ding

No surprise that service to the borg comes above everything else in Watchtowerland...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They suck.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

You know the WT will also want their cut of the inheritance when the elderly parents kick off.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

william - you are right about that. I wonder how it usually pans out. The kids are too busy peddling watchtowers to help their elderly parents. The elderly parents in turn read the article about giving all their possessions to the WT when they die so they get a better reward in the new world. I wonder if the pioneer couple that are washing windows and living in a singlewide are gleaming with joy that their parents followed the faithful slaves advice as well by cutting them out of the will and sending it all to the WT.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

So their latest "Nu-Lite" is to disregard 1 Tim 3:5 and 1 Tim 5:8... incredible...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit