BBC Radio 4 reference to 607 Babylonian conquest?

by 88JM 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

According to the kings list didn't Nebuchadnezzar not take over until 605 maybe I'm wrong ?

• Londo111
    Londo111

605 BC was when he became king, a little after he won the battle of Carchemish.

• nugget
    nugget

I sent a complaint as well the more the merrier. Tried to sound calm and balanced rather than crazy like a typical Radio 4 listener.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I just sent one too.

• oppostate
    oppostate

I just sent in a complaint and requested a retraction and correction.

I also suggested that they may have a researcher who is biased and is promoting outdated and disproved chronological figures crafted by 19th century religionists to support their hopes of the world ending in the last century.

It would be best, I wrote, to present the view most currently held by scholars who are well researched in this field and give the date of 20 years later, that of 587 BCE.

Let's see what comes of it.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

Someone suggest The Gentile Times Reconsidered, good for a close up examination and reference to give to the people at BBC

• Londo111
    Londo111

Any more news on this?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

The BBC's PR department is in closed discussions with the WT as we wait for an answer.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Any more news on this?

The guy from the production company didn't call back.

There wasn't a mention on today's Feedback programme, so I've e-mailed the guy that called me (he e-mailed before he rang) and will get back with an update.

• 88JM
    88JM

They might not feel it's important enough to warrant a slot in the feedback programme, though that doesn't mean you won't get a response. If they are going to do a piece on the issue, they probably want to research it more and give an explanation why the error was made.

This weeks Feedback was mostly about people talking when eating on the radio

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit