Governing Body Member Gets Cream Pie Smushed On Face While Giving Talk At Convention About The Need To Always Respect The Governing Body To Keep Jehovah Happy, Video

by frankiespeakin 24 Replies latest social humour

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Steve,

You do know that this is all just fantasy right?

• frankiespeakin
  • steve2
    steve2

Sure frankie, I get it. It's fantasy. The problem I have - if it can be called that - is identifying when a line has been crossed. I have a limit around any kind of deliberate public humiliation of anybody really - even if "imagined" because life abounds with so many examples in which people have "entertained" notions of "getting back" - but all you need is just one loose cannon who feeds into this kind of fantasy and goes off and does it.

A kingdom hall was bombed in Australia in the (late?) 1980s, in the late 1970s, a local convention had to be stopped because 2 unhinged individuals were phoning the police warning they'd planted bombs inside the convention center, an elder in one congregation was pushed off the platform and punched by an ex-JW who believed the elder had swindled him in a sour business deal.

Fact is, the perpetrators had spent time fantasizing about getting back at the organization. They didn't do anything immediately though.

So I react negatively when I see threads that (even jokingly) fantasize about some form of public getting even - in that regard I stand accused of being a party pooper and plead guilty.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well Steve I think you are comparing apples to oranges on this one. Sure someone may read my thread and start thinking about pieing one of the Governing Body I know I would and it is true that someone might make up a plan and do it, and in my thinking I say: hey more power to him if he does it and suceeds, and I hope it brings such a person some measure of satisfaction in some small way. But I'm definately not going to worry some Governing Body member's hurt ego or humiliation, no way.

Which make me wonder why you would get so uptight about such a minor thing as a Governing Body member getting his kisser mushed with a harmless cream pie? Is it like the Rolling Stone's song 'Sympathy For The Devil'?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I will pronouce sentence on you for being guilty of party pooping: 20 years of "party fiber" or until all party pooping ceases for a total of 90 days in which case you get a suspended sentence but still on parole so becarefu!

I see your concern about not harming people, and this is a policy that I try to live up to but in the Governing Body's case I make exception especially with something as physically benign as a face full of cream(unless they are really stupid and choke to death on the cream in which case I will chalk it up to bad luck and unforseen consequences with no guilt attached by the Freudian Superego).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Id,_ego_and_super-ego

Id, ego and super-ego are the three parts of the psychic apparatus defined in Sigmund Freud's structural model of the psyche; they are the three theoretical constructs in terms of whose activity and interaction mental life is described. According to this model of the psyche, the id is the set of uncoordinated instinctual trends; the super-ego plays the critical and moralizing role; and the ego is the organized, realistic part that mediates between the desires of the id and the super-ego. [1] The super-ego can stop one from doing certain things that your id may want to do. [2]

Although the model is structural and makes reference to an apparatus, the id, ego and super-ego are purely symbolic concepts about themind and do not correspond to actual somatic structures of the brain (such as the kind dealt with by neuroscience).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit