Major reversal for the Watchtower imminent - Countdown: only 5 left.

by Focus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The ones pictured on the Watchtower , May 15, 1984 didn't pass away. They were all of the "annointed" (tm) so it can easily be explained by the gb that they didn't "really" pass away, they just changed bodies and are now in heaven. See how easy that was. I should be on the gb, I know how to bs also. Presto! magic-o, alll fixed so that, once again the wt is correct.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

..yes yu could bs yourony there, that was an awesome reason lol!

I used to think that dubs were a harmless, eclectic religion. I pretty much ignored. I was raised Christian (methodist) but also went baptist, too. I had allot of fun! I helped teach babies and kids bible stories that were APPROPRIATE FOR KIDS! NOT TALKING about sex, such as the bible reading tonight did. We went on missions trips were we *gasp* helped people! Us kids raised the money doing car washes, house clean Ing, can collections, bake sales, etc.we had a blast. My best memories of childhood include that...having fun helping people...soup kitchens, keeping the old folks company at the home, helping the older ones in the cong with house cleaning, even hosting valentines couples dinners for church member to come and support our trips. It was a learning experience for us all, but man we had a blast. People liked being in our church youth group.

I look around this cult and their history and see...not any of that! Kids are part of disturbing talks from the time they are infants, hearing all the distressing talk, wrapped up with "jehovahs is love." They become young dubs...dronEs. no helping those in need, no helping the public, just field service field service more more more. MORE!!!!!!! LIST3N, OBEY, AND BE BLESSED. REPEAT UNTIL YOU CANT FEEL YOUR TONGUE ANY LONGER.

LISTEN! OBEY! BE BLESSED! You will be so happy! Aren't all dubs so happy?!?!?!

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Hey There - I think you nailed it - I am so sorry I did not raise my own

daughter in the church you went to. She would have avoided so much

pain and confusion and feeling isolated in social situations. I thought at the

time these people were "my family" I look back now and can't understand

my own blindness.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

didn't they already address this with the overlapping generation doctrine?

Something about people that knew some of those born in 1914 and heard their testimony could be considered a overlap generation. Which of course adds at least another 100 years!

I think I heard this somewhere. If not I'm sure they will think of some new kool aide for the r and f to drink

• free2beme
    free2beme

Bookmarking

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Thanks Focus. It's great ammo.

• Splash
    Splash

That whole "youngsters fifteen years of age are perceptive enough...." stuff is so 1960's!
    Get with the program! Never heard of New Light?

WT October 15 1980, page 31
    "It is the generation of people who saw the catastrophic events that broke forth in connection with World War I from 1914 onward ... If you assume that 10 is the age at which an event creates a lasting impression... "

WT May 15 1984, page 5
    "If Jesus used "generation" in that sense and we apply it to 1914, then the babies of that generation are now 70 years old or older. ... Some of them will "by no means pass away until all things occur"."

Awake! April 8 1988, page 14
    "Most of the generation of 1914 has passed away. However, there are still millions on earth who were born in that year or prior to it. ... Jesus' words will come true, "this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened"."

Splash

• Splash
    Splash

What's particularly amusing is that there were two WT articles, the first stating that "generation" does not include babies from that time, then the second stating that the "generation" does include babies.

WT October 1 1978, page 31
    "Thus, when it comes to the application in our time, the 'generation' logically would not apply to babies born during World War I."

WT May 15 1984, page 5
    "If Jesus used "generation" in that sense and we apply it to 1914, then the babies of that generation are now 70 years old or older. ... Some of them will "by no means pass away until all things occur"."

Of course this is all water under the bridge since time ran out even for babies, so the latest idea had to be bubbled together in a cauldron:

WT April 15, 2010, "Holy Spirit’s Role in the Outworking of Jehovah’s Purpose". para 13 - 14:
    "How, then, are we to understand Jesus’ words about "this generation"? He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation."

Now this is a very surprising conclusion to come to, considering the mouthpiece of Jehovah had already firmly refuted, rejected and clearly buried any notion of an overlapping generation, just a few years prior:

WT October 15, 1988 page 4 "The Sign — Are You Heeding It?"
    "Might it be, though, that the sign could occur over the span of many human generations? No. The sign is to occur during one particular generation. The same generation that witnessed the beginning of the sign will also witness its climax"

Splash

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Nice one Splash!! I have to bookmark this thread. I hope to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, that the noodly appendages of truth will grab hold of my wife's brain stem, and shake it like a polaroid picture.

Should we start some posts that consider various JW teachings and then list all the changes with brief explanations? No funny business, no jokes, no slams against the WTBTS, just current information?? Or would that just be repeating Jwfacts.com?? I hate to do it, but I REALLY need to start compiling a folder of various doctrines to keep in the house. It sucks, reading propaganda so you can explain WHY it's propaganda, but what else can you do?

DD

• blondie
    blondie

Who will never die...they meant people living in 1918 when the Millions talk was first given NOT the millions living today. Few jws are interested in the history of the WTS. When the Proclaimers book came out in 1993, it was on the cusp of increased info online about the WTS and little access to past WTS history books (1975 YB, the Divine book of 1959 (approx), all out of date and only perhaps available in the local KH library (where books cannot be checked out). jws were forced to hear a #1 talk given at the theocratic school (expected to read that segment) until theoretically the book was read. I knew several jws that left the Borg when they read that book. Now it sits on the shelves of the few jws who have it in their personal library.

What struck me was that the WTS had to deal with the "fact" that the WTS teaches that some of the anointed must be alive on earth when the GT starts but all have to be in heaven shortly after that to be in heaven for their wedding. Sounds like some of the overlapping generation could be leaving before they die a "natural" death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit