I was 36 when I started posting here. This weekend I celebrated my 50th birthday!

by nicolaou 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• designs
  • Dagney
    Dagney

Happy Happy Birthday Nic!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Clink to many more! :)

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Happy Birthday 50 is the start of senior discount Take advantage of them.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The best revenge is to live a happy & successful life!

Glad to see you are enjoying life!

So.........in the 14 or 15 years since you were first awakened, what are the most significant changes you have seen or experienced?

I for one, would love to hear any reflections you have on it.

Congrats!

Doc

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Glad you had an awesome birthday!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Thanks all. Yes, I've kept quite a few of my old books konceptual, they sit there gathering dust mostly but I don't mind. I like the look of them and the way they make my JW family just a little bit uncomfortable if they ever come to visit .

So.........in the 14 or 15 years since you were first awakened, what are the most significant changes you have seen or experienced?

I'd say the dumbing down of the literature is most striking. At 50 I don't consider myself old by any means but I'm old enough to see that the organisation has evolved and is STILL evolving. Doctrine is almost irrelevant now, it's all about control . .

The structure is being streamlined and focused. The Watchtower 'Mother' has all but died as it gives birth to it's successor, JW.org.

Now pass me another beer!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Yay. Fifty and fabulous. Here is a beer, on the house!!

Happy Birthday. X

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Happy Birthday! Cheers!

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Happy Birthday Nicolaou, has it really been that long? Wow ... you started posting the day before me

• cantleave
    cantleave

I love celebrating birthdays

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit