Up Late and Can't Sleep

by lambsbottom 23 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Lois I used to know a sweet lady that was polish and part Jewish, she was put in a concentration camp at 16. She had lived a privileged life before that, so it was quite a shock, I don't think she ever got over it. She showed me her number tattoo. She was a JW, but her husband got disfellowshipped, and her daughter lost custody of her child to her JW husband. She ended up killing herself and not one other JW went to pay respects at the funeral home. She made me a quilt when I got married and gave me pickles she made. it was so sad.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Great time to fade! We are getting ready to celebrate the 4th. Happy 4th for your fading party! Great time to not do assemblies.:-)

You and your wife have many things to look forward to celebrating!

Tigersuit, Happy Fading to you! and welcome!

I love the 4th of July!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

@Lisa... I cannot imagine someone living through the horror of the Holocaust, including the forever daily reminder of seeing their branded numbered arm, coming to America, thinking they found a quality Christian religion to believe in, and end up killing themselves from the awfulness of their life... then , nobody from the KHall goes to her funeral out of respect? Disgraceful.

I am sure it made her happy to make you a quilt and give you pickles she had made. So many people have broken lives, and try to patch the holes. I am so sorry your friend was not successful.

@Hey There... What inhumanity to man. What sadness. Is Brody their last name or the name of the town they founded? I can't imagine hearing the story the first time. If I look up Brody... I looked up Brody. Nazi hatred gone wild. Murder. Murderers. Death. How do you train someone to kill people? It is past midnight here in The North Pacific and I need my rest. I will read about Brody, Galicia, another day. What I read said that Sigmund Freud's mother was born there. My Polish grandmother came from Galicia to America back in 1905. She was Catholic.

LL

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

Thanks for posting, lambsbottom.

You wrote: "Feeling lonely and left out but know this is the right choice".

It sounds like there is a conflict going on between the internal lambsbottom, and the external lambsbottom. (Ha ha, that sounds disgusting. Maybe you need to see a vetinary surgeon!)

The internal lambsbottom is the real you, who knows "it's the right choice" not to go to the DC.

The external lambsbottom is the person you are projecting to the people around you, who feels "lonely and left out" because you are not conforming to the group-think.

When the internal and the external become the same, you will find peace within yourself.

I hope that made some sense. I'm not sure it did. I know what I'm trying to say but finding it difficult to explain.

Either way, it sounds like you and the spouse are heading in the right direction.

Now, at last, you really are turning onto on "the road to life".

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Hey tigersuit, welcome!

And that idea texting ttatt is mint! Maybe even slipping it into a sentence as if predictive text had altered it instead of typing that or twat or something, seeing if they pick up on it....

Plausible deniability.

Now where did I learn that trickery from...

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Enjoy the 4th July, properly.

Get some beers on ice, get a BBQ going and some nice music and ENJOY not being there.

Thinking of you.

• outforever
    outforever

What TableForOne saying makes sense: the internal and external thought.

"not conforming to the group think" when you don't think along the lines of what other million of jw are thinking / by not being part of the trip to the assemblies / you start feeling lonley because one is so used to being controlled - so now that you have to think for yourself one sometimes feels lost - which is good because you once lost you will be found by yourself - without any help from the borg.

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

What TableForOne saying makes sense: the internal and extenal thought.

I'm sure I recently read that in Steve Hassan's classic book Combatting Cult Mind Control.

His books are an excellent aid for anyone leaving/who has left this cult.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Welcome TigerSuit!

I always find it encouraging when Newbies join as I know that means others are awakening.

Start a new post and share your story with us.

Doc

• jgnat
    jgnat

It is so important for exiting Witnesses to ADD to their lives, not just take away. Make new plans. Go some place you have never gone before. Find out wher local events are advertised and try one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit