Up Late and Can't Sleep

by lambsbottom 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Hello, lambsbottom - just to add to the great advice already posted, this thought:

When you change things that you've been used to, you get an uncomfortable feeling because the new behavior doesn't feel familiar.

Our nature will always be attracted to what's familiar, even if it isn't good for us. Knowing that will help keep us from returning to what has hurt us in the past.

Welcome to tigersuit.

Marina

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, I missed not going to the convention this year more than my husband. It was sort of fun packing up the mini cooler with lunch and snacks. Now if we had really gone I am sure the novelty would have worn thin fast.

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

hey everybody thanks for the warm welcome.

that was not only my first post on these boards, but my first ever, anywhere. so please bear with me as i learn how to use the boards and all the etiquette.

anyways, as was suggested i will start a new thread of our experience. we wil def need support thru this, as our families, particularly mine are DIE HARD jw.

and of course, if it gets ugly, we're going to lose all our friends

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Hey Tiger,

it is incredibly helpful to find people who understand what you're going through, even if we can't see each other in person there are real people here, so jump on in with your bad self...all the jw's we ever knew (some for over 30 years) turned their backs on our family. It really was a difficult time to live through and get adjusted to.

But, time goes by and things get better, and one thing that has helped us so much is this website.

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit