A Burger and a Hook-up

by John Aquila 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

hoser

I'd be willing to bet you could go all the way with at least one of them. But be prepared for a judicial committee because most likely their cult training would kick in after the fact and they'd confess to the elders.

You just threw a wrench in the works. Your right, all I would be doing is asking for trouble. So I think I’m going to scrap the whole thing.

prologos

Being married to a person you did not choose could be as bad as being in a religion that you choose because of the hidden baggage you were never told. parable misapplied: " the field is the world"

I think your idea is better, " the field is the world"

• cappytan
    cappytan
    But be prepared for a judicial committee because most likely their cult training would kick in after the fact and they'd confess to the elders.

They'd have to have a second witness to the fornication put you in any danger.

I'd still do it if I weren't married. lol

Again, just as a social experiment. :P

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

There is usually a reason that a single 30-something year old JW sister is single.

I was asked why I didn't look in Da Troof for a woman and said, "Because there are only two kinds of JW women. Those who are miserably married, and those who are single, usually for very good reason in both cases."

• minimus
    minimus
    another interesting story.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

The Sisters married the brothers "While" the brothers were disfellowshipped.

Ok, that's a new one! Did the sistas get DFd for consorting with the devil? I mean, you're sharing in their sin if you even talk to them. Or did they go through courtship and marriage without speaking or eating a meal together?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I'd by lying if I hadn't entertained the idea of going back simply to get married. Sure, I could marry a hot 20 year old,

I Believe this is one of the main reasons, if not THE main reason my BIL began attending since leaving as a teen. he is on the path to baptism he's 51. Married briefly as a teen with a grown daughter and now grand kids, and that's the only relationship I know that he has had.

He is nice, generous, and has a sense of humor, though it is odd sometimes. Not bad looking. Not overweight , no health issues. Decent job. But he is socially awkward with any woman. I really think this decision to jump fully into the JW is about finding a wife. I really do. His Mother and cousins are fully pushing/encouraging this as well. He will have a pick of females at the hall if he chooses to, especially if he keeps going at it will all this "zeal" and gets appointed ( Lack of qualified men will mean he goes up the ranks fast if he so chooses)

It will be interesting to see it played out, though I wish he wasn't doing this. He could find a good woman outside the JW if he wanted to. He just needs to get around them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit