A Burger and a Hook-up

by John Aquila 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Oh you poor boy, you must feel like a piece of meat!😀 Maybe they are looking at you as a spiritual project to see who can bring you back into the fold. I have some excellent advice for you: RUN!!!!!
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

I think some of the Elders are going through the motions. They are not 100% on board with everything. We experienced this with a few of the cool Elders.

The problem is, you could be the nicest guy in the world but you have to be a "spiritual man". Translation: You too have to go through the motions, i.e. Reaching out for a position, field serve us, meeting attendance, talks, the list goes on and on. You have to be a spiritual task master!

If your not a "spiritual man" you can't date or marry one of the congregation princesses. Even if you are a hard working man with values and character.

What a bunch of bats*** crazies!

• out4good4
    out4good4
    your not a "spiritual man" you can't date or marry one of the congregation princesses. Even if you are a hard working man with values and character.

As far as they are concerned, a hard working man with values, character, and fidelity is of no use practically to one of their superfine sisters if he doesn't posses the WT component of a position in the organization.

They'd much rather that sister marry that 30 hour a month auxiliary pioneer brother who's reaching out in appearance, but will not be afraid to lay that pimp hand down in private.

• antes8080
    antes8080
    FMF: he should of ask the important question are they DTF Lol.. 😂
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

If your not a "spiritual man" you can't date or marry one of the congregation princesses. Even if you are a hard working man with values and character.

I use to think that but before I left, two couples moved in to our hall, both brothers were disfellowshipped but not the sisters. Both couples were recently married. The Sisters married the brothers "While" the brothers were disfellowshipped. One sister admitted that even though he(her husband) was disfellowshipped, he was technically still in the lord-aka a Jehovah Witness.

I will keep everyone posted I have to check it out.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    Introvert 2
    I've been mostly single my whole life on account of circumstances and being a workaholic, that and my personality ( freedom is important to me ) I can say by experience that single by choice brothers are not looked upon very well. As a side note see if I care
    I know that feeling. I had a piousneer sister once try to hook me up with another sister from a neighboring Hall. She even took my picture without me knowing to set it up. When I found out I asked her if she was my pimp or something! I was told by her elder husband that it is not normal for a man to be alone. SMH! I just looked him in the eyes and told him it is not normal for people to pimp each other out.
  • Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Back to the issue at hand. Run away my friend! RUN AWAY! I have given talks at other Halls and when the single sisters find out I am single, OMG! I have a party of 10 at a local restaurant with these nut jobs telling me how 'spiritual' they are. Well, except this one....she came right out and said to me she came 'from the world' and needed 'hmmm, intimate contact.' I liked her........

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    1 with two children and 1 with one child. All in their 30s.

ROFLMAO........

Trying to turn you on to their "damaged" goods eh......

What happens if you marry a woman with dependents is that they become your responsibility.

Now I can understand if you meet 'The One' it's all fun and games. However the likelihood of that happening is remote, and if ever there's a divorce later on the man will be stuck paying for the whole bunch. Such is the law of the land, no thanks !

• baltar447
    baltar447
    I'd by lying if I hadn't entertained the idea of going back simply to get married. Sure, I could marry a hot 20 year old, but then I'd have to deprogram her then she'd be all like "I only married you because you were decent looking and weren't gross". And she'd be like "Thanks for helping me out, btw I'm gay lets get divorced". So yeah that's not happening.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Wasn't there a talk of something recently where one of the GB said that there was something wrong with a brother who wasn't a Ministerial Servant by the time he was 23 and that a sister would be foolish to get involved with him?

One can only imagine what they'd say if they heard about these elders trying to set these sisters up with someone who hasn't been to a meeting in over a year.

This is just another example of how even those who are "taking the lead among you", are completely missing the point of the principals of their own religion and are not to be trusted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit