Progess Report: How WT's new money squeeze is being received by JW relatives

by Open mind 38 Replies latest members private

• Mum
    Mum

purrpurr: That's funny!

A few years ago, my ex-father-in-law got a solicitation in the mail from some so-called "evangelist" nobody had ever heard of. The "evangelist" had printed up a slick brochure with pictures of him praying, and sent it out with a pre-addressed, postage-paid envelope. We went out and bought a pack of play money, and stuffed that postage-paid envelope full and sent it to the charlatan!

I'd love to hear the results if you put fake money in the contribution box! If you do, please let us know what happens!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Purr - there are some fake WT money pics on the web. I'm sure that would send the local elders into aposta-find mode though if you dropped that in the box. Safer to use at assemblies.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I've been sharing all the real estate deals with a few friends still in. They have told me they do not contribute anything anymore.

• LostGeneration
  • Apognophos
    Apognophos

The best fake money to put in the contribution boxes, without question, is Chuck Bucks. Look them up.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Does anyone have the actual tally of what they've raked in over the past 2-3 years? We hear it's over a billion but it would be great to have an actual list to share with those still-in. It would also be a great piece of paper to drop in the contribution boxes...

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

CultBgone...

the number is probably north of $8 Billion by now... Some of it will be used for their "lather-rinse-repeat" real estate ventures, some will go to their re-branding... But most will go Rothschild family off-shore tax havens.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

Omg My mom just last night commented on how broke she is, and today is that stupid buisness thing meeting.

she doesnt have a penny to spare, shes 72 and at this point to tell her anything i know would crush her.

I have no way of knowing if they handed out any papers to fill out on regular donations, shes not mentioned it yet.

it would be a huge financial burden and physical one for thier kingdom hall to be sold off, i dont see it happening though, but you never know its such a small hall in the country over a hill and is dificult to get to when it snows hard. time will tell.

this post made me laugh though, my mom would too say unless your in an iron lung you can do it all...

and to think we were told not to compare!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Does the WTBTS solicit donations from its members or not?

www.merriam-webster.com/.../solicit

to ask for (something, such as money or help) from people, companies, etc. : to ask (a person or group) for money, help, ...

Does the WTBTS lie, or can they not read a dictionary?

wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp.../1102012165

Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY ... Although the costs of supporting our evangelizing work are high, we do not solicit money . ... that we “ will never beg nor petition men for support”—and we never have!

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit