Progess Report: How WT's new money squeeze is being received by JW relatives

by Open mind 38 Replies latest members private

• Splash
    Splash

Wasanelder Once: Would someone tell me where that quote of Russell saying "when we have to ask for money no more watchtower" in so many words is? I can't remember. Thanks.

*** km 12/06 p. 5 Question Box ***

The second issue of the Watch Tower, August 1879, said this about our refusal to imitate the churches and solicit funds: "Zion's Watch Tower has, we believe JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: 'All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,' fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication."

Splash

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

When He who says: 'All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,' fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication."

Well it looks like they are making a move in that direction. Pretty soon they won't even own a printing press, and everything will be electronics and files over the internet. Since Jehovah ain't helping them turn a profit on magazine and book sales any more, they are now moving swiftly to the acquisition and sales of real estate to capitalize on all the contribution money they extort and the free labor(child and adult) for the cause that they can talk peop[le into.

I guess they finally got the hint from slow acting Jehovah to change the operations of his "earthly organization" to become a major player in real estate and talking people out of all the money they can sucker them into donating to them.

Seems like CT Russell had it right way back then, when you can't turn a profit anymore buy getting free labor to sell your magzines door to door, then suspend the printing operation and find another scam to get money because Jehovah ain't providing like he used to in the good old days of ignorance and bliss.

• startingover
    startingover

Interesting comments OM.

Until I found this document, I thought the begging for money started much later. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/279616/1/WT-asking-for-2424-in-1918

• MissFit
    MissFit

Bttt. Anymore reactions to relate?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Miss Fit:

I hate to say it, but one of my JW friends did not mention this latest money thing at all.

Either the average JW is ignorant of what is really involved, OR she just doesn't want me to know what is happening in the religion (too bad she doesn't know I find out on this forum whatever is going on - sometimes even before she does).

It makes me sad that they slipped in something like this and there isn't that much of an outcry! I really hope more people there wake-up!

• piztjw
    piztjw

I have a feeling that the amount my MIL actually does contribute will be going down as well.

Sounds like the same story as one of my immediate family. After sixty plus years, performing duties from old Cong. Servant up to the upper echelons of district work, he said he will no longer contribute any more than a token amount with the stipulation it be used ONLY for the local KH he attends. He also has resigned all appointed positions.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

My elderly mom decided since they had all that cash from selling the real estate they should manage their money better!! lol Went from donating $100 a month to ZERO...and cut them out of the will. The ATM machines were VERY embarrasing to her. Had been in the Borg since the 30s.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

BalaamSass - kudos to your mom! Sounds as if you maaaybe helped to open her eyes a bit, hmm?

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Hey, does anyone think I'd get away with putting monopoly money in the box? Hehe

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

the absence of your contributions and that of the many other disillusioned congregants will send a more powerful message to the money changers in WT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit