I'm writing a novel!

by punkofnice 38 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm up to about 30K words at the moment and still going strong.

I don't expect it'll ever get off the ground.....at least I'm going to try though.

I'm thinking of 6 months time and looking at the route of self publishing. Yes, I want to be a publisher.

It's very violent in places, has violent sexual scenes and very strong language.

It's everything the watchtower(r) said I should avoid.....I wonder if my authentic self has exploded into freedom?

Anyway. If you want more info or wish to read a snippet let me know.

I can't think of a title and have changed it several times, at the moment it's called 'Boomshot.' but I'm thinking of changing it to 'Carew and the Dangerfield Affair'

Just saying. Not finished it yet...still on the vomit draft to middle draft.

• krejames
    krejames

Good on ya Punk. Keep at it - don't be lazy like I am with my music!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

You have to tell us more....Then we can help with the title. Gotta be something catchy, like "The Carew Chronicles.". Then you could make parts 1, 2 etc......

Great news.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sounds quite a carthartic exercise

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yay!!!!! Good work punk, you hav e so much to share.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks folks.

It is very graphic and contains some gory rape scenes.

Synopsis:

Carew = main character. Ex mercenary soldier who was bullied at school and has reocurring dreams of being bullied. He lost his unborn child and girlfriend in a car crash that was his fault so he is very jaded and bitter about life.

DCI Dangerfield = 2nd main character. Cop with a dry sense of humour that eventually meets up with Carew and forms an alliance of sorts with him. They are trying to stop the assassin from killing the rapist.

As above - woman gets raped and brutalised. Her brother's friend Carew (who is friends with the rape victim but has no romantic feelings for her), goes to find the rapist to kill him.

Meanwhile a lone assassin is killing off people associated with the rapist although the bodies are hidden. Carew wants to stop the assassin from reaching the rapist before he does.

Carew believes the assassin to be an old friend of his from his mercinary soldier days.

It isn't there's a twist.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Punk it sounds like your writing discusting filth rather than literature. I love it! !

But i regret it inform you that if you intend to publish such material, you will find reinstatment as a witness very difficult...furthermore...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

NH&H - I might have some cultists in there too...knocking at doors and getting ignored ;)

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Is the killer loech?

Kidding!! It sounds wonderful...I would like to read! I am a writer, too so I can help edit if you want help with that...

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

What great, great news, i am so happy to hear you tell this!

I'm feeling like the planets are aligning in some creative juice starting to flow- way. It's been many months since i actually did any work at the jewelry bench, but the last few nights I've been getting some real traction.

Our ideas are turning into real stuff - we're feeling better and better.

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit