Poor Animals

by HeyThere 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Nothing has changed? Really? You don't get out much, do you?

Fortunately for all of us living now, Vidquin, the world in general has progressed well beyond the mindset you defend. I, for one, am glad that modern society "judges" genocide and brutality as morally reprehensible and will not tolerate it.

Do you long for the days when you could raid a neighboring village and kill everyone for plunder? Modern society must be hell for you.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Yo, Shirley, use your imagination. Jump into a time machine and go and visit them. See what your 21st century values would mean to them. They would shoot you ass...

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I'm guessing you are a Fundamentalist Christian or Muslim?

"They would shoot your ass..."

Don't judge....

FYI- firearms did not exist in 1400 BC.

Sounds to me like you are projecting the way you'd like things to be now, not necessarily reflecting on what things used to be like.

BTW- you have a time machine? Lucky you.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Back to the thread, if you take a life, for whatever reason, that is the ultimate sacrifice. Even if you as a normal person had to take an ailing or old pet to the vet to be euthanized, or kill an animal for food, you'll know what I am talking about. If you never had to do that, good for you, ignorance is bliss.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

No, I have an imagination, something you are lacking. Ever heard of bow and arrow?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Bow and arrow? No, never heard of that. You are ridiculously smart.

No, I have an imagination, something you are lacking

Judging again. For something you roundly condemn in others you sure do a lot of it yourself.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Kill or be killed. You were surrounded by Amelikites, Hittites, Philistines, etc. who wanted you dead, raid your larder, kill your sons and take your women. That was then. Similar things are happening today. Nothing has changed. Who are we to judge them?

And so god didn't show the ways of peace to humans back then he just sank to the same level.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

HoaB: And so god didn't show the ways of peace to humans back then he just sank to the same level.

Excatly the point. If valuing life as sacred and a higher moral standard was the alleged foundation of the Israelite god, the taking of life on a grand scale is teaching a far different lesson.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

No, I believe God helps one to adapt to one's situation, he doesn't take one out of the situation.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

You mean like playing with humans the way a kid plays with toy soldiers?

PEEEOWHHHH

THWAAAAP

SPLARP

The last one is a bit lame but you get my drift....................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit