Poor Animals

by HeyThere 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Wow. The bible really is something else. I believe I am becoming athiest. Each week of bible reading pushes me further in that direction. As an older, educated adult obsessed with science, the bible now reads as unbelievable fiction to me. This is kinda scary.

Oh, and why all the dang animal offerings? Why would a bird have to die for mold in your house or a period...or sex? Sheesh.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

My faith in the bible is almost a mist at this point. Pick your poison.

Flood

Lot being raped by his daughters and while his wife was turned into table salt for missing her home, the rapey twins have nothing coming.

David counts everyone when Jehovah doesn't want him too.......17,000 die

Abraham having to be willing to do the thing God could already discern he would be able to do in order to prove his faith?

How about Jacob duping Esau out of a "blessing", which could not be undone and was apparently cool by God even though it was a lie....and he hates a lie?

I mean seriously, why did I ever believe this stuff. It reads like a less interesting version of Greek Mythology to me now.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

I agree with both of your views.. I'm curious, have either of you researched Biblical Prophecy to determine whether or not the Prophetic Claims are correct, and have indeed happened?

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

When has 'Bible Prophecy' EVER come true??? Ask Harold Camping. Ask the Watchtower. Ask the Christians who have been predicting the imminent 'Rapture' for decades. Folks, NONE of that stuff is gonna happen. The Bible prophecies are just made-up nonsense that has no basis in fact. The JWs, in particular, have no luck at all predicting what will happen in the future. How many years have they been saying Armageddon is 'close at hand'? NEWS FLASH: Ain't gonna happen!!!

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

I haven't researched that yet. But I am not holding my breath. The stuff in the bible is crazy, incohesive, displays clearly a lack of understanding of natural phenomenon, etc.

My husband has us read the bible parts to prepare for the week night meeting. I objected to my 12 year old daughter reading or hearing lev chapter 15 which is, in part, about male genital infection and sex. However, because it is the bible, that somehow makes it okay.

Now I know what I missed while in Sunday school. A whole Lotta crazy. Biblical guidance for atoning for Genital discharge (were they describing an std?), having to do guilt offerings for having mold in your house...oh wait, sorry, for your house having leprocy . And as mentioned above, crazy stuff like father rape, mass extermination, etc.

• smiddy
    smiddy

And isnt this a bit of overkill with the poor animals ? 1Kings,8:62-66

"Twenty-two thousand cattle , and a hundred and twenty thousand sheep , that the King and all the sons of Israel might inaugurate the house of jehovah"

Can you picture how much blood was shed here ? Thats if it really happened .

smiddy

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Would an illness,accident,or almost death experience change your mind?

What will happen to you after death?

If you no longer believe in God,Old Testament God Almighty, Does that mean the entire bible is false?

Just curious how much do you believe of the bible?

Just curious about if you believed the animal sacrifices happened but now you no longer believe the Jewish people sacrificed to stay faithful to their God?

Just wondering!

• smiddy
    smiddy

sarahsmile

Would an illness,accident,or almost death experience change your mind?

Definetly not , a few times in my entire life I could have died through both illness and accidents , at no time did the fear of death turn me to God .

I should qualify that statement , two of those times , an accident , and an illness was before I became a witness , and I was a teenager at both those times. The third time I was a practising full blown witness .And each time the fear of death was never an issue with me.

What will happen to you after death?

Well thats the $ 64,000 question isnt it .Nobodys ever answered that , not even Lazarus , who when he first died was freed of the Adamic sin , so why did he die again ?

If you no longer believe in God,Old Testament God Almighty, Does that mean the entire bible is false?

Well that is something you have to decide for yourself . What do you think .? If you want other people to make that decision for you , you still have a long way to go before you shake off the control they still have over you.

My suggestion to you is use the search engine at the top of the page to do your own research into the bible , their is a wealth of informative information their . Dont be mentally lazy , as many JW`s are , check it out for yourself. Do your own research .

smiddy

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

HeyThere said:"Oh, and why all the dang animal offerings? Why would a bird have to die for mold in your house or a period...or sex? Sheesh"
    You might find these interesting..

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.co.uk/2009/01/how-many-animals-has-god-killed.html

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/222352/1/Theists-why-does-God-allow-suffering#.U7JmCV2t-o8

• cofty
    cofty

Would an illness,accident,or almost death experience change your mind? - sarahsmile

It didn't change mine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit