VERY short day at the Arlington/Dallas International Convention-My Observations

by CaptainSchmideo 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

ahahaha yeah there we go. it seems the dramas are much worse now. they've run out of the good bible stories so they've resorted to making shit up. "This is what it could have been like in first century jerusalem." They set up these ridiculous stories to shoe horn in some lesson. The lessons are so on the nose it's not even funny.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

There were a couple of sister's in American Indian dress, down in the area I was in most, very pretty Indian girls!

Dwain

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"But, for all the text that has been ranted over Loesch in the past, what really struck me was that he is really a very boring speaker."

His delivery is a rather slow-paced monotone. It's some of the bizarre material he comes up with when he's not given a manuscript or comprehensive outline that really sets him apart as cray-zeee!

Indeed, I shall forever remember a morning worship which he delivered in his slow, monotone, 'matter of fact' way, where he explained to the entire bethel family (including the tie-line to Wallkill and Patterson) that in Genesis where it stated that the woman's craving for her husband... wait for it... was sexual craving. He explained how Genesis was correct in showing that women have an innate, out-of-control, sexual craving for men. I think he went so far as to reason that christian husbands need to be understanding of this and be ready to satisfy their wive's womanly need for sex. It was over the top, totally embarrassing for those of us that were awake and paying attention. And I heard many clarifying remarks afterward from both husbands and wives that women don't crave it nearly as much as men wish.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Ew. Billy, the visual I just got was torturous. Blech.

• steve2
    steve2

"So much for all those pronouncement that this religion is dying, that nobody goes to these things, blah, blah, blah..."

Is this the self-same Arlington, Dallas convention that other posters have just reported that 65,000 - 70,000 were expected but attendance seldom rose above 50,000?

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

my God none of loving brothers would pick you up?

Probably could have walked to your car in a half hour, you know! just a thought

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

One and the same, steve. 50k is a crap ton of people, but it was at least 10k less than expected.

• smiddy
    smiddy

marked for later

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Are you kidding?

He was wearing a jw.org pin?

Dont they see the hypocrisy of it? Years ago we were told not to use the watchtower logo as jewelry !

Apparantly some were wearing wt pendants the way Christians wear crosses on chains etc....

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am sure that your summary was more entertaining than the whole day was. sorry you had to go through that to amuse us.

BTW, Texas flags? Here in Texas, I think those flags are simply an identity thing, not a political statement-Texas is just kinda different. I can actually see how JWs wouldn't think of it as an issue. Heck, they are more like a logo for Texas-the Lone Star state. While there is something underlyingly polititical about the Texas vibe (we are only here at our pleasure, thank you very much), it is just kind of ingrained.Like brisket and BBQ.

I am a transplant and the standard (and expected) response to the query about where (outisders) are from, is to say the place they came from and add "but I got here as fast as I could".

BTW, I LOVE TEXAS!!!

Just my opinion, yours may vary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit