Question for Atheists.. Did you gain a Greater Sense of Morality and Happiness?

by objectivetruth 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

What a bunch of hogwash.

China is an atheist country.

They take 6,000 or more of their own people

out every year and put a bullet through their head

and thats for minor rule breaking and not agreeing

with the atheist Communist Party. They take millions

of people out of villages and put them in factories

where they have to live in the factory and do not

get to go home. They eat, sleep and live in filthy miserable

conditions so a select few Communist atheists get to become

milllionaires and billionaire and we get to wear cheap

shoes and have ipods. China is atheism at work, at its finest.

No free schools. No health care, no disability insurance,

no pensions for the elderly. Atheism as a social system

right before your eyes. Go there and take a look, but don't

ask too many questions or you will disappear in the middle of the night.

• Comatose
    Comatose

You realize that the Book of Enoch verses you quoted, said some angel gave man ink and paper and taught them to write. But, the first writing methods were not with ink and paper...

• cofty
    cofty

Villagegirl - you are conflating atheism with communism.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Objective truth,

I've heard some view points that state, Atheists are Generally more Moral & Caring for fellow humans, than are Theists.

Thread title: Question for Atheists.. Did you gain a Greater Sense of Morality and Happiness?

I dont think the Question is which group is "better". The question is What Positive & Negative Effects does organized religion have on individuals

Well going by your OP and assuming that being more moral and more caring and being happier is generally regarded as being "better" how else would you describe your question? In fact you have reiterated the statement in your OP in subsequent posts on this very thread.

You didn't ask your second question in your OP or indeed in any of your subsequent posts to this thread. In fact your OP specifically asked about atheists not theists.

I can answer to some degree your second question but it seems somewhat strange to complain to someone answering your thread that they answered the OP rather than a question that only exists in your head is baffling and bizarre behaviour.

• Focus
    Focus

villagegirl:

Say:

Class "A" has the property or quality "X"

"A" also has the property or quality "Y"

And further:

Class "B" has the property or quality "X"

Class "C" has the property or quality "Y"

This apparently leads you to believe:

"X" and "Y" are much the same quality

and/or

"B" and "C" are overlapping or similar classes

[I am being brief. This list could be much expanded]

These are very probably erroneous conclusions. They certainly don't follow from the facts.

A bit like the semiliterate blowhard (who was telling me about how I got fooled by WTS biblioidiocy) boasting about his degrees (lol), you need a lesson or 10 in elementary logic.

Myself, I like the universe in binary.

If there are 10 opinions, there's only mine and one other.

__

Focus

("101" Class)

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio

China is not an "atheist country," whatever that means. As stated above, it's a communist country, but communism has nothing to do with atheism as a default, any more than democracy does with theism. There are multiple religions practiced widely in China, some of which have gods.

• simon17
    simon17

I don't think its fair to say one way or another. There are people who do awful things in the name of religion. But there are people who strive to be better people and surpress bad tendencies because of religion. On the other hand, some athiests use a lack of God as a crutch to commit bad acts while other athiests try to have a clearer picture of right and wrong based solely on doing good to others and this world.

• cofty
    cofty

"With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion ." - Steven Weinberg

• Spectre
    Spectre

If only China turned to Jesus.

Then they could go to confessional after they commit crimes against humanity.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"What a bunch of hogwash.
    China is an atheist country. They take 6,000 or more of their own people out every year and put a bullet through their head and thats for minor rule breaking and not agreeing with the atheist Communist Party. They take millions of people out of villages and put them in factories where they have to live in the factory and do not get to go home. They eat, sleep and live in filthy miserable conditions so a select few Communist atheists get to become milllionaires and billionaire and we get to wear cheap shoes and have ipods. China is atheism at work, at its finest. No free schools. No health care, no disability insurance, no pensions for the elderly. Atheism as a social system right before your eyes. Go there and take a look, but don't ask too many questions or you will disappear in the middle of the night." - villagirl

I have no idea how to reply to your statement.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/China

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_China

The People's Republic of China was established 1 October 1949. Its government is officially atheist, having viewed religion as emblematic of feudalism and foreign colonialism, and maintained separation of state and the church.

According to a survey conducted in 2010, hundreds of millions of people practice some kind of Chinese folk religions and Taoism; of these 754 million (56.2%) people practice Chinese ancestral veneration, only 215 million (16%) believing in the existence of ancestral shen, 173 million (13%) adopt Taoist practices on a level which is indistinguishable from Chinese folk religion. The same survey reports that 185 million (13.8%) are Buddhists, 33 million (2.4%) are Christians, and 23 million (1.7%) are Muslims. In addition to Han local religion, also some non-Han ethnic minorities follow their traditional autochthone religions. Christians are between 2-5% of the population according to various surveys. Muslims are 2%.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit