US Supreme Court: Hobby Lobby wins we lose

by designs 89 Replies latest social current

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

The good thing about being an XJW is that we don't have to accept the opinions that others shove on us anymore. We're finally grabbing the right to have our own opinions and even make them known to others.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Well that wasn't very happy.

With all due respect, you have no concept of what i am or am not involved with and to what degree. You are plodding on about "keyboard muscles", when all anyone is doing is having a discussion.

JW's don't vote because they are "no part of this world". They feel that when they elect an official, and that official does things that they don't like or that jehovah does not like, they become responsible by association. (see blood guilt association).

How insane is it to think that?

Now we have a corporation that does not want to provide insurance (they don't provide birth control....only insurance), that will cover certain things they do not like for religious reasons. So they are essentially taking the JW reasoning point to an extreme degree. That they are help responsible by providing insurance that through that insurance could possibly provide something that violates their beliefs.

I say....grow up. If you believe in a reasonable bevolent creator, then you can rest assured if you provide an employee with insurance which you legally may be required to do at a certain point, than if the employee uses that insurance to abort zygotes every chance they get....then that is on them.....not you.

Interestingly, I know 5 or 6 JW's on the IUD thing that is one of the 4 things they took issue with. Very interesting.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

LisaRose,

You are not getting the point. I'm not in favor of what HobbyLobby is doing either! I just get sick and tired of reading the rantings of individuals who don't gather ALL of the facts before they spew thier comments. What some have said on this thread (in not knowing ALL the facts) is just as bad as the right wing political conspiracy theorists.

HappyDad

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

The TRUTH is that this isn't the first time religious objections by companies has come before the Supremes! In 1964 a man sued to keep blacks out of his restuarant, because god told him too. He lost 8-0! Decades later a company religiously thought only men should work outside the house. They paid women employees less money after being forced to hire some. They lost!!!!

This is another example of the rich and powerful controlling the poor and weak!!!!!!!!!!!

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Happy dad...

Now that's what I call... Eating your words!!!!

• designs
    designs

The guys on the Supreme Court decided again, like Christianity has done for centuries, that a Woman's Rights must be defined, controlled and limited by guys. Ginsburg's arguments will be studied for years, brilliant.

• designs
    designs

GT- you nailed the multi-pronged attack on Women's Rights in this country. Planned Parenthood, or any similar clinic, is under attack with funding cuts, and now protesters allowed within close proximity to a woman seeking medical services.

How would you like to run a gauntlet next time you want to have a private consult with your Doctor.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thank gawd I live in the UK where we don't put up with crap like this.

• designs
    designs

cantleave- For some historical perspective on this current assault on a woman's rights in the US consider today marks the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg. Human Repression vs Human Rights.

We are in a huge struggle in this country between a religiously motivated repression of human rights and progressives who want to throw it off and liberate society.

Scalia and his tribe want to repress Voting Rights, Civil Rights, Equal Pay etc.. This 'gift' to corporations by 5 of the Court members will have far reaching consequences.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Shirley - "Now that birth control is off the table, it'll be getting touched even less..."

* snicker *

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit