• scary21
    scary21

Welcome ! Loved your story.

From a 3rd generation born in 54

Sherry

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

No Retreat No Surrender and Aunt Fancy,

You are both so lucky to have exited together! It's funny. I wonder how many JW couples live together as active JWs for years, both thinking the same thing and questioning the organization, but neither saying anything to each other. I bet it happens a lot!

Nice to meet both of you!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ocean1111 - "It is the same cycle and like the previous cycles of apostasy it will equate to the same thing, disaster, organizational disaster for JWs and it will be permitted, even required by God."

That was actually how I was able to (somewhat) placate my loyal JW mom's reaction to my inactive state.

I basically asked her, "if God was willing to let wayward Isreal (his alleged chosen nation/organization) suffer the consequences of their misdeeds, how much more would He apply that principle to the WTS?"

For the record, I'm actually agnostic, but since I "speak the language"...

• clarity
    clarity

Huge welcome to you No retreat! Loved your story.

All the best to you both!

clarity

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thank you for your input , good luck to both of you.

smiddy

• happy@last
    happy@last

A great introduction, welcome here as a participant.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Texan.

So glad that you and your wife are out together. My husband and I were "in" for over thirty years. he was an elder for twenty. We weren't born in...we were young and idealistic in 1973 and got baptised after the "six month program" in the "Truth Book."

No matter what age you are, you are now free. Free to enjoy the sunshine and walking without wearing formal clothing and carrying a bag, hoping no one is home. Free to curl up at night without choking down dinner after work so you can go to a meeting. Free to go on a vacation in summer instead of to a Convention. Just...free!

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Great intro. Thanks for your story; please keep posting.

Your story is so similar to mine.....you're slightly older than I am (I'm 46)....otherwise, its very close to my own story.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Thanks for stepping into the fray and sharing your story. So well-written! It's lovely to know that you and Aunt Fancy are out together...let's hope your story inspires many other couples to do the same.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It is never too late to learn TTATT. NEVER!

Welcome and thanks for sharing your story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit