New Member Story

by No Retreat No Surrender 36 Replies latest jw friends

• LivingTheDream
    LivingTheDream

Welcome No Retreat No Surrender!

It's great to hear your story. I'm very happy for you and Aunt Fancy being out together.

Your story has some similarities to mine as a matter of fact, but you were even older than I was before waking up. (I was about 40.)

I'll tell you, the adjusting to being a non JW is a bit strange and difficult at our age, but at least you have somebody to do that with. I had to go it alone... at least at first.

Then I found my own non JW true love who helped me through it.

Brock Talon

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

NRNS: In therapy she told the therapist that she had a problem with her religion, that shocked me because you weren't suppose to say that outloud!

Yeah, but nearly everyone thinks it!

Welcome, great introductory post.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

No Retreat No Surrender - "In therapy she told the therapist that she had a problem with her religion, that shocked me because you weren't suppose to say that outloud!"

Ballsy. Kudos.

• Thor
    Thor

Hello and welcome!

I wish peace and happiness to you both!

Mrs. Thor

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Thank you everyone for giving my husband a warm welcome. We are getting ready to go out of town so we won't be on much. I know I am very fortunate to have him out with me. I have always been very open with him and when something is not right I tell him and for the most part he listens to what I tell him because he respects me. Our marriage has always been equal and that is the way it should be. I am sure there were many "brothers" that wanted to say something but thank goodness no one every did. LOL I hope everyone has a great Fourth of July weekend.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Welcome, and thanks for sharing your story

• flowerfreaks2
    flowerfreaks2

Thanks for sharing your story. Love reading other people.....seeing the light and leaving. WELCOME!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit