She is Going to Talk to the Elders About My Questions...What Should I Expect?

by HeyThere 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TG-Jasper
    TG-Jasper

Oh, and I just remembered, there was a WT about seven or eight years ago about the danger of women who "speak against the congregation". I think that included women asking questions.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Great question and strategy Watchtower-Free.

BTW you can actually take a thirsty but hostile horse to the water and force water down its throat.

But it WILL vomit and HATE you.

And if the horse is a Pharisee, it may even give you the 'ship - the disfellowship that is.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Smiddy...So far nothing but I am not sure she has spoken with the elders yet. However, my husband has. From what I understand he was trying to get answers to help me with my doubts so they have known for a couple weeks now that I have serious questions. Also, no field service this past month. I did just have major surgery so my absence is likely attributed to that by the majority...However I do expect to be marked at some point as I can't fake it like that. I believe in living authentically. I will still attend meetings with my husband to show support for him but that's it. I will be fine doing that even if I am shunned. In that regard, since my life has always been free of the wt until the past year, my life doesn't revolve around dubs...So there's that. But I almost welcome shunning so my husband can see...

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

You aren't baptised so they can't do anything to you.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Aunt Fancy: Thank you and you are right, they only have the control I give them. Fortunately I am pretty much their worst nightmare for a woman...intelligent, educated, and independent thinking (uh-oh!) They will never truly have me controlled...my primary concern is my husband. I want to limit any impact on him. I want to make sure that he doesn't get much back lash from my lack of faith. His whole family is basically dub. He is fully immersed. There is more here but that is for another day. But I have my reasons to try to avoid being marked as an apostate. They (the boe) love my husband. He is friends with most of them now. So they may just ignore me if I keep quiet.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Jasper...He was inactive when we met and married and for our entire decade of marriage...just became active again this past year...So no, he didn't get in trouble. And in fact is now socializing with elders.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Why do you want to keep him out of trouble?

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

He was inactive when we met and married and for our entire decade of marriage...just became active again this past year...

What made him return to the cult? It's obviously more bat-shit crazy and more exposed as a cult now than it was 10 years ago.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Jgnat & Alpha...it is a long story, I posted a bit about it before, but we had almost gotten divorced because of his addictions and other behaviors...There are some other things going on with him and his sobriety and depression. That is why he returned, and also why I am backing off for now after having a long talk with him. He is dealing with his own issues and because I know he is getting so much support from his family and the congregation now, I know he needs it, and as long as he is treating me and the kids right then right now I don't want to cause problems for him. If the congregation starts to treat me badly, he may wake up a bit. He really doesn't think that will happen.

• jgnat
    jgnat

In the middle of love-bombing right now. Rejection would seem inconceivable. The next step is demands for conformance. Depression won't be helped in the long term.

I guess this addiction may seem better than the alternative.

Blues Brother walks the line for the sake of his ailing wife. You might get ideas from his comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit