She is Going to Talk to the Elders About My Questions...What Should I Expect?

by HeyThere 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

This means they are going to kick your arse and hang you out to dry. The below link may be of help as the situation seems similar to yours.

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/the-unbaptized-apostate-of-salem-massachusetts

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Sarahsmile...she was truly disturbed about the child sex abuse and hiding it, all the court cases world wide, including Candice Conti and the Sewell cases. She was a victim so it resonates deeply with her, she was pale. Also the changes in the donation arrangement, she hadn't really understood it. Also some of the older watch tower teachings....So she as a born in believes the elders can set her mind at ease or have something to say about this stuff. Not to get me in trouble but for herself.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Joe...I did see that and it does seem like the same type of situation...fun times in this cult, eh?!?

• TG-Jasper
    TG-Jasper

What...more donations? It was bad enough with the "contribution" box and the "www" box.

• TG-Jasper
    TG-Jasper

When I was in my teens, I knew of a nearby congregation where some kids were being sexually abused by members of two families. One of the elders wanted to warn anyone with kids in that congregation and in nearby congregations, and all of the other elders were trying to force his silence. In the end I heard he stepped down from being an elder.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Watchtower_Free

Here's some of what I asked them a few weeks ago .

These questions you asked , did you get a reply to them ? What was their response ?

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Hey There

I think you can expect people to avoid you as being a marked person , a trouble maker , you will soon find out who your freinds are in this religion .

smiddy

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

HeyThere, you do not have to talk to them. They only have control over you if you give it to them. You are merely a bible study unless you are a non baptized publisher then they can make an announcement. A lot depends on the body of elder you have. There are some who have some brains and are loving but others who just love to control and throw their weight around. If I were in your place and they wanted to talk to you I would refuse. Set boundaries.

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

@sarahsmile

Ocean111

How is "Christendom" the "holy place" today, when in fact the first FIFTY years of the JW ministry was saying Christendom is NOT the "holy place"? How can a claim to being the "holy place" be the "holy place" in prophecy, which is not a claim but a "place", as Bethel implies illogically?

What another changed doctrine! Your kidding?

JW think Christendom the whore of bablyon is now holy place!

=

Well they pick and choose whatever fits the deception they are trying to appeal to prophecy to support. What stuck out to me was the illogic of the argument.

They did it by implication in the Watchtower 7/15/2013 issue when they "foretell" "Christendom" is to be "attacked by the United Nations":

""...the “standing” will occur when the United Nations (the modern-day “disgusting thing”) attacks Christendom (which is holy in the eyes of nominal Christians) and the rest of Babylon the Great.""

So a prophecy about the "holy place" is now warped to mean "holy in the eyes of nominal Christians". But in the prophecy Jerusalem was a "holy place" to God, not just men.

Then it seems to me the UN NGO is more appropriately the modern Bethel Matthew 24:15 "disgusting thing" in this context among JWs. I felt they were bypassing that connection on purpose, but certainly they will never apply the UN NGO as a transgression to themselves.

It just struck me as strange how Bethel, that at least tried to be logical from 1950-1980 or so, now takes warping logic to actually new levels even for Bethel. They now have no rhyme or reason as they basically rearrange the whole JW foundational "school of thought" between the lines.

When I read that Watchtower there are some "between the lines" logic that basically sets the complete discrediting of any "anointed class" former teaching. If the "faithful and discreet slave" core teaching is now applied to the rogues in the GB alone, and only "when they meet together", then all anointed class types are also about them alone. It is in the "between the lines" logic. And now that they surgically detached the FDS from anything prior to the GB existence (1976), in fact the entire JW foundational teaching has also been surgically removed.

It's actually kind of ridiculous a modern JW would take anymore of this. The only reason can be JWs believing the "Gehenna" judgment authority in the elders who merely reflect and parrot the GB tyranny. If people knew they are actually the apostates they claim to protect JWs from, of course JWs would just "go to their interior rooms" and just read the Bible. Bethel is useless and impotent, all they do is plagiarize the past, mix and match it to meet their current delusion, and call that "the truth".

This is weird even for Bethel, it is not the way it always was, it took several decades of GB dictatorial tenure to accomplish this. They even look and act scripted nowadays.

But in the same manner of winging it, they actually claim otherwise when needed. So no one can really nail down what is really a classic waffling that hinged on that particular Watchtower. It is Bethel's own logic that now calls into question the entire JW ministry according to their own ever-changing rules. It seems in every way JWs are not even the same religion from before 1970. It has gradually morphed into a fantasy that itself uses illogical arguments at will. At least early JWs had certain consistency, but now that is truly abandoned "between the lines", and at time in print.

I find it weird in context of also all the other organizational changes being made. It's as if the Bethel internals are not even JW version of Christian whatsoever. I think where there is smoke there is fire. (Zech3:2), and it is a bad sign coming from Bethel, a sign of coup, not accidental, but purposeful.

I think Bethel is preparing their own "attack" from within, and they want to sell that to JWs as various misapplied prophecy to cover the action as long as possible. Pied Piper led JWs will aid the process by "listening and obeying" the main GB Pied Pipers. Of course that is my opinion. I feel more is going on IN Bethel than JWs or even their critics are realizing. Confusion and "self fulfilling prophecy" can be used for other purposes. It seems they are using "Bethel theology" for other purposes.

I feel most JWs are sincere and will be victims of what is actually concocted by their leaders, leaders that are the classic of what apostasy means in the Bible. Top down, cleverly concealed, diverted and designed apostasy. It is what it is, it is hard to see because of the veneer and JW mental fog of the Billionaire Bethelobotomers.

• TG-Jasper
    TG-Jasper

HeyThere,

You're unbaptised and hubby is a born in baptised... how does that work? Didn't he get in trouble for that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit