JW Lady Witnesses to me in My Truck While Trying to get a Nap !

by flipper 43 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Good for you Flipper ! I like to bring up the blood fractions too when I feel like having fun with them at their table set-ups in the subway stations.

MY newest questions for them is JW.org, I tell them I remember when you were admonished to stay away from the internet, now look what you call yourselves, then I throw in how my relative in "da troof" always said there was ascripture that says not to be a part of the world or word to that effect. but looks like you guys gave in !

• flipper
    flipper

DISARMED- I know, it takes a lot of energy to talk to the JW's but I want to try to open their minds up. You just never know how much of what said will have an impact, I have to try

• flipper
    flipper

VANDERHOVEN- Yeah I get your drift of talking about the Bible to JW's but I prefer to go more on the angle of the injustices the WT Society practices and criminal conduct they try to justify to see if I can prick a JW's sense of conscience at all. I appreciate what you are saying though

• flipper
    flipper

SHIRLEY W - Yeah, I've seen that talking blood fractions throws JW's a curve that they don't expect from a non-Witness. And yes indeed, them being on the Internet's supposed to be a bad thing isn't it to WT leaders eyes ? LOL. WT folk ain't nothin' but a bunch of hypocrites

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

Good job Flipper. If I had someone comes up to me I would bring up the fractions thing as well as the fact that they only use OTHER people's fractions and don't donate to the supply themselves. Take...take...take...

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Mr. Flipper you've got an awesome attitude! Thank you for posting a great story. My poor old husband is a floorman too and works a lot of hours. He has run out of patience for jw's out in the fs who make the mistake of approaching him.

Marina

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

loved that Flipper, both barrels!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great work...

But, her and the others in the car would have just convinced themselves that you are an apostate, and would therefore just fuel one another's defence modes and reinforce their cult ideas...

I wish it was different, but I feel that they will just add this to the :

"satan tries to undermine our faith, but we can withstand such persectution and opposition...blah blah..."

Still, great work in taking hold of a situation, especially when you were 'ambushed' like that!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Excellent job Mr. Flipper! I don't have much opportunity to 'anti-Witness' to JWs as they don't knock on my door anymore. They seem somewhat absent in my neck of the woods.

I use my own personal family experiences to reach them on an emotional level. When I ask the question "If my Mom had such a wonderful hope in Jehovah, why was she so miserable?", they have no response.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Love the description of the JW scurrying away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit