1914 vs 2014

by ILoveTTATT 23 Replies latest jw friends

• pronomono
    pronomono

marked

• Ding
    Ding

It amazes me how many JWs can look at that stuff, call it "old light," and keep right on believing that the organization has a pipeline to God.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Yes, 1914 was supposed to be the date Armageddon arrived. Once that didn't happen it became the date Jesus returned invisibly.

designs said: The lie, among many spread by the JW Wt., is the "Bible Students as JWs were formerly known" bullshit.

I was told this lie as a child. I specifically remember being told that the Bible Students renamed themselves to Jehovah's Witnesses. I found out years later, as an adult, that was untrue.

When you tell lies/untruths, people stop listening and believing you.

And as I told my Dad, when you keep saying Armageddon is coming soon, and it fails to arrive, people stop listening and trust is lost. He had no reply or rebuttal... just the Deer-In-The-Headlights look and The Silence.

• Raton
    Raton

I was told by my wife that the Bible Students did become JWs. Is there any good evidence out there that I can use to show this isn't true? Is it in any of the WTs? I am also starting to look on my own. I guess it is proof enought that the bible students still have their own separate religion. Looking at biblestudents.net right now and it looks like they have several articles about JWs.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

When Russell died and Rutherford to over the reins of the WTS. (1916) that started a weakening effect toward the IBSA organization.

1914 passed with not necessarily what was to occur by Russell's theological teachings sans WW1, Rutherford was

pressed to come up with another alluring and engaging doctrine to keep the organization intact.

Christ's grand return was still seen by him as something he could market, so he came up with a more elaborately focussed 1914

dating scheme. Many people were still faithful to Russell's theological teachings and didn't really like Rutherford,

perhaps whom they saw as a power playing opportunist, taking control over the WTS. which he personally knew

had wealth contained within itself.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Well... aren't we priviledged to be almost EXACTLY "100 years from now"? (This was printed in the July 1st, 1914 Watchtower).

Wow... I really feel like this should be conmemorated... as an impressively MASSIVE FAIL!!

By the way, "consummation" meant "the end". To cease to print and circulate the STUDIES IN THE SCRIPTURES because everything suggested therein has not been, apparently, fulfilled"...

In fact, dear Brother Russell, NOTHING of what you wrote EVER got fulfilled.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Even back in Russell's day he was cunning enough to spin and soften his held to dating calculations.

At the same time he was quite conscious about what he could present as information to put into Zion's Watchtower .

Russell never let go of the fact that he had to lure people to his publications and have something attractive to

present for his designated sales Representatives doing the door to door work.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Bttt

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

100 years ago today, Charlie got the proof that he founded the one true religion.

• Focus
    Focus

In fact, dear Brother Russell, NOTHING of what you wrote EVER got fulfilled.

True. Despite the passages within pyramids growing by 40 inches (to allow for 1915), nothing did.

However, his own evil passions for the young servant girl did get fulfilled.

Pedophile rapists are, I trust, relatively rare creatures.

So when it is two of these subhumans independently set up two of the very largest-scale religious scams going (separated in time by about 1870 - 610 = 1,260 years), that's food for thought...

--
    Focus

("Atheist" Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit