How We Come Across On The Board

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Strangelove
    Strangelove

As a result of all of this, I often wonder how I come accross to others, because I still don't feel that I know myself. Yikes!

~QUANDRY

From that post of yours, I think it's safe to assume you are a sincere, earnest and humble woman.

I myself struggled between outside opinions from the Philosophy books I was reading, and dedication to the Watchtower. So much so, that I don't think I know who I am either. Spent so much time without an identidy.

Now, skeptical of everything, It's as though I am permenently on the fence for good. Maybe, it's not so bad. Hemingway once said the only way to know if you can trust someone, is to trust them. I like that, but frankly, after being so anti trusting to anyone, it's much harder to get hurt. Though the quality of your life seems iffyer.

I occasionally ask myself why I am on this earth, and can't come up with squat diddly. (Much worse than Diddly Sqaut)

---

Good god I went off topic a lot back there.

Bottom line, I wouldn't be too concerned with who you are. Just focus on being the best person you can be. And if you don't know what that is, research who you believe to be good role models, and take some of there life lessons and make them apart of your ideals. Have a form of integrity to a standard. Then find another person who seems relativly well off, and differentiate their good qualities from their bad. And yeah, that's what i do. Take the best part of people I meet and make it part of my personality.

---

• minimus
    minimus

For the record, I rarely ask questions in real life. I mind my business. I don't want to bother people and I don't want them bothering me, either.

Some posters like me and others aren't too fond of me. That's ok. As a whole, I get along with most everyone I meet. I have a good sense of humor and I can see bullshit very clearly.

I have always said that I doubt some people would talk to people face to face in the same way they talk on a discussion board.

• minimus
    minimus

For the record, I rarely ask questions in real life. I mind my business. I don't want to bother people and I don't want them bothering me, either.

Some posters like me and others aren't too fond of me. That's ok. As a whole, I get along with most everyone I meet. I have a good sense of humor and I can see bullshit very clearly.

I have always said that I doubt some people would talk to people face to face in the same way they talk on a discussion board.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

How do you think you come across to other people? Are you, in "real life" just like you are here?

I don't know. I'm close with my kids. I have more in the way of friendship with women than men. I think it's probably like listening to yourself on a tape you sound different from what you thinkyou sound like.

Are you easy to get along with?

Well I think so but I've never had a lot of dinner invitations.

• The Searcher
  • Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

I am sharper than a two-edged rubber knife, penetrating even to dividing of bananas and butter. Since I also judge the thoughts and attitudes of the heart, I realize that was obvious without me having to say it.

Almost forgot. I am the #1 character in my own delusional universe.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I try to be a real Jerk on here.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

cantleave: I try to be a real Jerk on here.

Keep trying. It isn't working for you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

As a whole, I get along with most everyone I meet.....Minimus

I wouldn`t call you an "A Whole" min..

I think your being hard on yourself..

............................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Some posters like me and others aren't too fond of me. ~ MINIMUS

Hey, Min! [noticing your avatar] How could anybody dislike a guy that reminds you of a RED M&M?

Of course, it is irritation how you repeat yourself sometimes [noting double post].

Cheers!

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit