How We Come Across On The Board

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Most people here have never met you. We converse, discuss, argue, laugh, agree, question, share our lives....

Quite often, you kind of get to know what a person is like. Some people, we tend to gravitate to and others, we shy away from.

How do you think you come across to other people? Are you easy to get along with? Are you, in "real life" just like you are here?

• jam
    jam

I'm easy to get along with, I have met so many new friends since

I left the borg..I have come across (folks have told me) very reserve.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Usually much quieter, in real life, and probably not nearly as witty--if I can be thought of witty on here, that is. But I can be silly or serious or passionate about something, but most of that stays on the inside if I feel insecure or nervous.

--sd-7

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I'm sure I come across very serious, knowledgeable and a model for other posters on the board.

Rub a Dub

• Strangelove
    Strangelove

I try to be as close to my real self as possible. It's an attempt I haven't failed at as of yet. But there is always tempation to seem better or worse than you really are. That can an IRL issue as well. (Which has often led me to be very critical of myself in interviews)

As far as how I come across. Hmmm. I would assume somewhat naive. Someone who is still getting there footing after leaving a monstrous cult they spent almost 20 years in, brainwashed. There might be a rebellious anger, I admit I cannot hide that one well in certain scenarious. The Watchtower brings the worst out of me.

I still hope I come across as kind. Just a bit of a venter.

And I also realize I am not the most active poster in the world. But I do watch over this place with consistancy. I steer towards members like "Outlaw" and "Don't call me Shirley." They are, as I would describe, Intellectual jesters. They make me laugh and think, the best damn combination reachable in an insightful conversation. Oh and "Breakfast of Champions." Because even though I've never spoken with this memeber, we both share in common a particular liking for a certain writer. ;)

There are too many to count, a lot of the members on here are fantastic! Though if I were to avoid a certain kind, I admit to skimming through the religous apostate's posts. Not to make enemies of course, but the type of apostate who leaves the Watchtower and joins another religon. It's nothing against them, I just have a lower tolerance or patience for religous matters anymore. I am by no means an Atheist, but I listen to them a tad more. If that makes sense.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I assure you I am exactly the same in person: sometimes funny, often sarcastic; can be compassionate, but just as easily can be an asshole; thoughtful and kind vs. arrogant and full-of-myself; a teacher and a learner.

• Magnum
    Magnum

In real life, I'm reasonable, caring, very easy to get along with, easy-going, etc. Sometimes on here, I might seem more serious and stern, but it's because I'm here for material and info that are really important to me. I'm still searching for answers. So you might "see" a more serious version of me here.

As I look back, I regret at times playing the JW role and going along with things that didn't feel right, so on here you will see the real me - though maybe the more serous version of the real me.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Kind of funny because I thought you were a senior women! :-)

• Quandry
    Quandry

I was in the organization for over thirty years, and when I left, one thing that really frightened me was that I no longer knew who I was. For so long I had no opinions of my own, just those of the WTS.

As a female, and wife of an elder, of course I was supposed to be subservient, making God proud of me for having a clean home, vehicle, and book bag.

As a result of all of this, I often wonder how I come accross to others, because I still don't feel that I know myself. Yikes!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I can be impulsive with my reactions and comments. I think I try to do the right thing. My heart is in the right place but not everyone understands me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit