JW.ORG to be the fulfillment of Matthew 24:14

by donuthole 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

That was mentioned by a couple of brothers in our congregation several months ago.

Really? That's hilarious. I wonder how many JWs have realized that the Society could have done this 20 years ago when the Web debuted, and saved us a lot of trouble going door to door.

• prologos
    prologos

has anybody ever become a witness, by sitting in front of a computer? having "sitzfleish"?

taking the so called 'truth' usually meant being twisted into a mental Pretzel with the personal touch of what is inapropriately called a 'bible study', an exercise in insulting peoples intelligence, free wiil.

or are we seeing the coming of a next generation, not overlapping, of geeks, contributing?

• donuthole
    donuthole

Blondie in my original post I suggested " The door-to-door work may continue in developing lands with little Internet pentetration and viable external growth."

Unrelated Blondie's comment, I don't think the Watchtower is stupid. They have to have reached the same conclusion that apostates have pointed out for years. The door-to-door work in places like the US is highly ineffective and a waste of time. It is an archaic legacy from a time when it actually brought in money (and recruits) through literature sales. I don't personally buy into the idea that it is kept around just to be busy work for the rank and file. As the JW.ORG transformation continues I'm not going to be shocked to see many decisions and changes focused on the bottom line.

My post was tinfoil so take it or leave it.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I was in a mood for a little song today, so...a Kingdom Parody, "Follow the .ORG King":

We have a website now

For Jehovah God

We have a .ORG

Worldwide web location

We have a message now

In MP3 files

We have a series--

A boy named Caleb!

JW (.ORG)! JW (.ORG)!

As with most things we condemned

We can use the Internet

Follow the .ORG King

On HTMLs

Download it here, in PDF!

Now there's a kiosk thing

At the monorails

It is the paragon

Of ad placements!

What you will rarely see

At our literature stands

Is an allowance to fact-check statements!

JW (.ORG)! JW (.ORG)!

As with most things we condemned

We can use the Internet

Follow the .ORG King

On HTMLs

Download it here, in PDF!

So we log on tonight

For our daily course

From the new slave class

Composed of 8 men

And though they do govern us

In Jehovah's stead

He is our King, there is no debate there!

JW (.ORG)! JW (.ORG)!

To our website we must go!

Everything there we must know!

Follow the .ORG King's

True HTMLs!

Download it here, in PDFs!

--sd-7

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

put the information on the internet and the prophesy is fulfilled.

You mean, fulfilled again. It was already fulfilled in 1995.

*** w95 9/1 pp. 17-18 par. 17 Christian Witnesses for Divine Sovereignty ***
    Still, that first-century preaching work was merely a foretaste of what would be accomplished during the last days. Looking forward especially to our time, Jesus said: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14; Mark 13:10) Has this prophecy been fulfilled? Indeed, it has.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

donuthole - "I don't think the Watchtower is stupid. They have to have reached the same conclusion that apostates have pointed out for years. The door-to-door work in places like the US is highly ineffective and a waste of time. It is an archaic legacy from a time when it actually brought in money (and recruits) through literature sales."

When I'm in a cynical mood, I find myself suspecting that the WTS kept pushing the D2D work in spite of evidence of its ineffectiveness, solely as a way of defying "Satan's World".

"Doesn't work? Oh, yeah?? Well, we're gonna keep doing it anyway! Why??? F**k you, that's why!!!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit