JW.ORG to be the fulfillment of Matthew 24:14

by donuthole 25 Replies latest jw friends

• donuthole
    donuthole

The Organization is shifting away from printed literature in favor of their new JW.ORG website. The website contains content that is not printed in literature. Kiosks, trolleys, and storefronts are being used to showcase the website. Publishers are being trained how to use an electronic tablet in their preaching activity. The JW.ORG logo is replacing the Watchtower symbol in common use, and there are reports about it appearing on Kingdom Hall signage. There is corporate downsizing as the printing operations are scaled back. (Note: This shift from printed publication to digital content is not unique to Jehovah's Witnesses. It is merely a trend that is seen throughout the publishing industry.)

I'm going to place on my tinfoil turbin and make some predictions for 2014.

1.) August 2014 - Special tract campaign to advertise, advertise, advertise JW.ORG
    2.) September 2014 - Service Year Ends
    3.) October 2014 - Historic annual meeting on the 100 year anniverary of Jesus enthronement as King. The GB showcases the various ways that Jehovah has used the Org to preach the good news in fulfillment of Matthew 24:14. Next the GB talks about how JW.ORG is being used, detailing some of the features of the website. Some favorable reports are read. Statistics are shared on how many people look at the website every day and from which parts of the globe. All this leads up to the GB proclaiming that that Matthew 24:14 has been fulfilled by Jehovah's Witnesses. Every person living has the opportunity to learn "the Truth", whether or not a JW calls at their door. (A possible tie to Luke 19:40 is used.)

What comes next?

1.) "Preaching Work" is heavily modified with door-to-door being discontinued or limited to special tract campaigns. No offering of literature door-to-door outside of special campaigns. (The door-to-door work may continue in developing lands with little Internet pentetration and viable external growth.)
    2.) A continued scaling back of printing. The Awake! and public editions of the Watchtower will no longer be printed. Tracts will be maintained, but with more focus on JW.ORG.
    3.) JW's encouraged to reach out for positions manning booths, stores, trolleys featuring a limited selection of literature with the focus being on JW.ORG. This will become the new "pioneering".
    4.) The designation "publisher" will cease to exist and no longer be synonymous with membership in the religion. All in the territory who identify as one of Jehovah's Witnesses will be considred one by the local body of elders. This will include formely "inactive ones". This will include children, even infants. A record "increase" will follow and used to prove Jehovah's blessing.

Unlike the Governing Body I'm not infallable and these predictions may be false. :-)

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I"m sure they'd love to be able to do that but what busy work will they use to keep the drones immersed. I think the goal of the preaching work at least in the developed world is less to do with recruiting and more of an activity to bond the group. Also, you need something to measure spirituality and to base appointments on.

Not saying they wouldn't do something like what you describe but you have to remember the real motivation behind the preaching work.

• sir82
    sir82

"Preaching Work" is heavily modified with door-to-door being discontinued or limited to special tract campaigns.

Impossible, for the following reasons:

1) How will BOEs determine who qualifies to be a ministerial servant or elder? By far, by a long long long shot, the single most important qualification for being "appointed" is "the brother and his family must perform 10 or more hours of field service per month".

2) Determination of who is "spirtiually weak" is based primarily on field service records. Over 10: spiritually strong; 6-9 hours - sort of OK; 5 or less: spiritually weak.

3) Without field service, there would be one less thing to feel guilty about for not doing. Guilt is one of the primary motivating forces of the organization (along with fear).

• Magnum
    Magnum

Yeah, they may be false, but the actuality and the overall feel of JWdom is changing so rapidly that I think many surprises are in store. I can't imagine what the next five years will bring. It's very interesting to watch. I think changes will be motivated by an upcoming zero or even negative growth in the areas with more education and internet penetration, by the shift from print to digital (as you mentioned), by the org's love of money, and by the fact that with every passing day the org's theology and doctrine become less defendable and more attacked.

• sd-7
    sd-7

It'll never happen. Door-to-door is their bread and butter, as important a cornerstone as using the name Jehovah. They will never end door-to-door ministry as it's considered a Biblical command and essentially their trademark. They hold it up as something (among many things) that makes them better than all other Christians. So...yeah, no.

--sd-7

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Interesting theories. One thing i've noticed about this Governing Body is they are capable of coming up with any kind of change and many kinds of changes very quickly. The emphasized use of the internet can be spun to claim fulfullment of Matt 24:14 and save them money by reducing operating costs. I would look for changes in the D2D work also. They need to make it just busy work that makes them think they are serving God. Keep them busy with an us against them purpose. Short sweet tract work and easy trolley cart duty. Probably will allow people to also count time spend working on or around the KH. The days of having to waste gasoline covering the entire cong territory wil be over. The GB knows this religion is in serious decline and needs to change in order to survive.

• sporece
    sporece

I agree 100%.

GB knows the religion is a scam and that Hehovah has anything to do with them. Why waste money on literature when very few are paying for it. y.

By making life easier for JW's they might be able to retain them and less young people might leave the organization.

They will use some stupid scripture and some reasoning that Jehovah is directing them with whatever decision they make and rank and file will eat it up.

GB will continue to live like KINGS at the expense of the ones they are deceiving.

Of course that's religion in general...they all do that.

SSPO

• sir82
    sir82

I can definitely see them making it easier to perform the "life saving ministry".

More tracts, more "special" campaigns, more trolleys, allowed to count time for work only tangentially related to "preaching", etc.

Keep people busy but make it seem less onerous.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It may sound far-fetched, but remember the "human standpoint" phrase from last year's WT. I don't think they were preparing the JWs for something as minor as the new KH Construction donation arrangement, if indeed they were preparing for anything specific at all.

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

The first three points are quite possible to happen, but in the "What comes next" part I think we're talking about chnages that only those born in 2040+ will see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit