I have to admit this, and you're not going to like it

by stillin 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The Society has improved their game. I just got home from the regional assembly. It was a well-choreographed, technically excellent affair. They had hookups to Rutherfordton NJ, where David Splayne was the GB guy on site. His talks were smooth, the brothers who did the IT stuff were up to the task, everything hummed along quite well. . . . all in all, it was a good show.

I think it's hard for many of us to be objective about it as we tend to look for about which to complain.

I guess we'll hear a whole lotta "Wasn't that the GREATEST convention EVER!"

What a beautiful way to spin the fact that in 100 years nothing has happened. The "Kingdom" has delivered nothing (but a headstone).

Doc

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Splane is actually quite a good speaker, as heard on Friday. It was Loesch and Lett on Sat/Sun that were the issue.

• Heaven
    Heaven

stillin said: I only slept some of the time and I hope I never go to another one, but otherwise it was great.

LOL! That's very funny stillin. Yeah, they're always 'great' ... even when they really suck.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Enh, for those of us that were around for MEPS and color Watchtowers and DVD's.....on and on..........it's the same game.

Like any business, they are always looking for ways to improve on the bottomline: retention and gross profit.

Look no further then the Sparlock video......a look intentionally designed to look like a Pixar movie.

In reality, they are just repulsive copy cats.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

We use Ipads now at kingdom halls, making us so much better than those other religions of Christendom.

It's quite telling that JW's will praise the Org for this and not Apple. If Apple engineers had not gone to college as the Org wants, they would be writting on a piece of rock.

The organization has always been good at exactly that - organization. All cults are usually like that, organized, disciplined and focused. There is nothing surprising about that.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Do you mean they tickled your ears?

2 tim 4:3 - You’re going to find that there will be times when people will have no stomach for solid teaching, but will fill up on spiritual junk food—catchy opinions that tickle their fancy. They’ll turn their backs on truth and chase mirages.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I was wondering what they'd done with the $800+ million that they got so far from selling all those Brooklyn properties.

"They had hookups to Rutherfordton NJ, where David Splayne was the GB guy on site. His talks were smooth, the brothers who did the IT stuff were up to the task, everything hummed along quite well."

Now we know where all that money has gone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit