I have to admit this, and you're not going to like it

by stillin 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• rebel8
    rebel8

That line just kills me too.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Ipads at church? Here's a cool church in Atlanta, Georgia that uses technology and drama like no other. North Pointe's iband! This church is sooo cool, that other churches of all different types come to visit it (in church buses too) to spend the week there learning the technology that is used. Great messages and sermons too. If I were to be a "Christian", this would be the one!

So, is the use of ipads at the KH as cool as North Pointe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9XNfWNooz4

How to open a church service?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKGrTWJ6jnU

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Nevermind.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

It has gotten to the point now that the average person can print professional looking documents and put together decent power point presentations and well edited videos while sitting at home in their easy chair in their pyjamas. There is no reason to think the society is any more credible than it ever was, now that their programs are going more "high tech". Older people will be impressed, but I hear younger and more tech savy ones say they see these presentations as being pretty mediocre and recognize the obvious editing tactics used to manipulate the viewing audience.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Apparently Jehovah has just recently bought a huge amount of stock in Apple Inc.

Following that move the WTS. has done so as well.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Stillin:

Where did you attend (if you can reveal that)?

• prologos
    prologos

Their game is form, not content. its true [partially] the FORM might have improved. A year ago a team of ambulant wt professionals installed/ maintained the sound in the echo-chamber hockey venue we meet, and the clarity was superb, the installation simple,

the local brothers just lacked the absolute technique erquired, but:

The CONTENT quality has headed south, the corner left unpainted has shrunk.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

A polished turd is still a turd.

• Fernando
    Fernando

In the end, none of that sort of thing made any difference on the Titanic either.

(Revelation 18:21) . . .“Thus with a swift pitch will Babylon the great city be hurled down, and she will never be found again.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Jehovah's Witnesses used to point out that other [false] Christian religions made appeal to primal emotionalism to engage their audiences, in order to supress their reasoning abilities to the "truths" found in the Bible. Well, after this convention, I'm more than persuaded that the WTS is now just as invested as all others in the appeal to emotionalism and sentimentalism in order to engage its audience into buying into their theology. Damn effective it is, btw.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit