I have to admit this, and you're not going to like it

by stillin 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillin
    stillin

The Society has improved their game. I just got home from the regional assembly. It was a well-choreographed, technically excellent affair. They had hookups to Rutherfordton NJ, where David Splayne was the GB guy on site. His talks were smooth, the brothers who did the IT stuff were up to the task, everything hummed along quite well.

Most of the actually MOVING stuff was just sentimental, emotional claptrap, which affects me but I realize that the same dramas could have come from any church group and are not of themselves proof of anything, nor did they establish any particular doctrinal truths.

But, all in all, it was a good show. I only slept some of the time and I hope I never go to another one, but otherwise it was great.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Interesting. Any signs that the WT is "investing" in more printed books? Remember how we would get latest release with a lot of fanfare and then told that the book would be used in the field to bring in new ones? Or nothing of the kind?

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I hope I never go to another one, but otherwise it was great.

Best. Line. Ever.

I think it's pretty evident they are getting "better" with the way they present their BS. It's obvious the leaders have gone to the latest Brain Washing Conventions and stuided the latest techniques.

It's flashier and prettier, and they do their best to pull at your heart strings. People in an emotional state are much more easily influenced.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Brainwashing, forsure.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

They're just becoming more like all the other mainstream religions on Earth. The more they try to be different, the more they become the same.

Freddie Franz was a nut, but at least he was interesting.

Now we have Stephen Lett:

SLett

He convinced me more than any other single person that this could not possibly be God's Visible Organization.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Somehow people who are JWS think this new immersion to modern technology is an improvement of spreading the word.

We use Ipads now at kingdom halls, making us so much better than those other religions of Christendom.

We have moved this way because god wants us to receive the special direction and teaching from his chosen GB.

The true reality of the matter is this being done with the intent of saving costly printing, the lesser amount

of printed works by the WTS. the more they save. $$$

The reason why so many printing branches around the world have been closed down and sold off.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

He convinced me more than any other single person that this could not possibly be God's Visible Organization

Yeah, if it weren't for the intellectual soberness of Anthony "Human Hot Dog" Morris Cubed, and the maturity he brings to the GB, I might have doubts too...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

We use Ipads now at kingdom halls

So do many public schools in the US in accordance with the Common Core State Standards. Big wup!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Stephen Lett?!?!?! Oh! You mean Hale-bopper!!

DD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Society has improved their game..

I only slept some of the time and I hope I never go to another one, but otherwise it was great.....stillin

Thats not exaclty a rave review..

JW`s don`t really have much to hope for,at a WBT$ JW Assembly..

I think your just grateful it wasn`t worse..LOL!!..

....................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit