Conventions

by free2beme 14 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

since the world population in 1914 was 1.8 Billion and today it is over 7 billion, it means that by delaying Armageddon for 100 years, God will have to destroy an additional 5 Billion people - DOC

I always used to wonder about that.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I always wondered about that too

• dugout
    dugout

Is it just me???? But in the new gray bibles in the back index pages. Has a picture of satan the dragon being thrown out of heaven, then it says ABOUT 1914 about???? what does that mean. By the way I'm still just Physically in. My wife shes just a programed robot. I showed her this, she acked like she didn't see it. (no comment)She is so faithful to this GANG. By the way, my assembly is coming up (which I'm dredding) I anticapte over crowding,parkinglot jams, limited seating because its only going to be one that I know of in our area. Used to be at least 4. I live in a giant metropolis. If thats the case (i'm sure) I'm not staying. My story soon. Elder 14yrs stepped off not down 5yrs ago dont like this Gang anymore. In because of wife. We will Talk. Luv u guys Im diggingout

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

There's been some speculation about that phrasing, dugout (and welcome). On the face of it, the simple answer is that they are saying that Satan's ouster from heaven was "about" 1914 because they don't know how long the war in heaven lasted. The Society is not saying that Jesus began reigning "about" 1914, but still maintains that this took place precisely in 1914 (October, I suppose).

However, below the face of it, it does seem like an odd thing to do. Why not instead say that Jesus was made king in 1914, rather than the Devil being cast down around 1914? So some posters here think that it indicates they are preparing to do away with the 1914 teaching. Personally I doubt this, especially after seeing the big deal they are making of the Kingdom centennial this year.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My story soon. ~ dugout

Look forward to your story. If you're planning to fade, be cautious not to give revealing information.

Many of us are in, or have been through that stage. Many former elders (even current elders) on board here.

Baby steps with the wife. It' just like when you're a NEW JW and you want to SCREAM The Truth(TM) to everyone you see. And they run away scared. Same holds true with TTATT. You'll scare them all away if you don't take it slowly. And find your ass in the back room for a JC.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit