org is dying

by lambsbottom 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

It is hard to believe that the organization is dying. I think, more likely, it is becoming increasingly less relevant, even to current JW's. People are going through the motions. The talks are taking on a end-of-the-world vibe like they did pre-75.

A couple weeks ago, the CO visited and his talk was about the destruction of Noahs day and Sodom and Gomorrah. "These are a pattern" and "if they happened back then, the end is surely coming and millions perhaps BILLIONS will be destroyed wiped out....will YOU be among them?"

I almost gagged. Then, in his final talk, he talked about how God is an optimist, but the devil is a pessimist. I guess destroying a BILLION people is the optimistic thing to do.

As for growth in 3rd world, well fear mongering still works over there. Life is hard. It is easy to manipulate people and promise them something better. Many are uneducated. Many are looking for connections, social connections, to improve their situations. In time, they will see that it is a sham...just like many here have.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Just from hearing and seeing the expressive doubt coming from my own family members who are still in,

I can see a beginning of what the hell is going on ?

My brother, sister, father and step mother (anointed) have been devout JWS for decades, my father 60 + years.

They are saying things of particular doubt and perhaps mistrust toward the organization now.

Stuff they wouldn't have said some 20 years ago.

I think there is a growing amount of long time JWS who getting a bit dismayed with the long drawn out

its coming soon now scenario that the WTS has been selling for decades, a building up of they may have

been commercially frauded with a bunch of promises that were not held with the most truthful aspect.

• sir82
    sir82

millions perhaps BILLIONS will be destroyed

Wait...official JW doctrine teaches that 7 billion+ men, women & children, 99.9% of humanity, will be slaughtered. No "millions" or "perhaps billions" about it. The GB teaches that billions WILL be absolutely annihilated - they are beyond hope.

Sounds like typical JW cognitive dissonance; almost all JWs still have a degree of humanity, and the thought of BILLIONS DEAD and ROTTING in the HOT SUN fills them with horror, if they think about it for more than the GB-recommended 3 seconds....so they soften it by saying "millions" instead of "billions".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Finkelstein - "I think there is a growing amount of long time JWS who getting a bit dismayed with the long drawn out its coming soon now scenario that the WTS has been selling for decades, a building up of they may have been commercially frauded with a bunch of promises that were not held with the most truthful aspect."

It's actually a bit ironinc (and more than a little bit paradoxical)...

...by its very definition, the WTS absolutely has to behave in a short-term manner 'cause the End is supposed to be "so close", but from a purely practical standpoint, it's compelled to act long-term in order to ensure its own survival.

Unfortunately (for the WTS, that compulsion to act to ensure its own survival is now too tangible too ignore or explain away.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Separation of Powers - "It is hard to believe that the organization is dying...

"...I think, more likely, it is becoming increasingly less relevant, even to current JW's. People are going through the motions. The talks are taking on a end-of-the-world vibe like they did pre-75."

I having trouble with how you can make that opening statement when you follow it up with the rest.

To me, the Org is dying partly because it's becoming increasingly less relevant.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

They seem to be stuck in the fantacy mode of operating as CEO's of God's earthly organization, and the rest of the world that opposes them as Satan and worthy of destruction.

And it seems like they are putting the pedal to the metal so to speak on things really serious to Jehovah even going so far as having parents throw their childrens toys in the garbage because Jehovah will get all sad and might wind up killing your kid, and maybe even you for failure to take imediate action to gain the Governing Body quirky approval as a lacky.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

The organisation is irrelevant to many on it ranks...It paints everyone in the world as Satan's agents....It condemns higher education thus trapping many to a life of window cleaning or other menial jobs...basically what has it to offer anyone these days except excuses for failed prophecies..

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Sir82:" Do you have the 99% destroyed (7 billion plus) WT quote on hand?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

OK, I found it. Thanks

"As for humans upon earth, on the side of Jehovah will be all those fully dedicated to him and who are faithfully following Jesus Christ; compared with earth's billions these are indeed few.... On Satan's side will be all the rest of mankind, more than 99.9 percent, even as we read: "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." That includes all the governments of the world together with their supporters, the commercial, religious and social institutions.... Armageddon will be the worst thing ever to hit this earth in the history of man." Watchtower 1958 Oct 15 pp.614-615

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. leaders know how to maintain the organization which they are the top executive directors of

by utilizing fear and exploiting human ignorance and insecurity to their advantage.

I'm sure that they're aware of the known and apparent human ignorance concerning bible theology

and understanding. That too gets utilized by the GB heads to their own advantage.

How did they learn this trait of lying and deceiving the general public, being apart of this organization they've learned how the organization conducts

itself through its many elements of self structured power and control mechanisms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit