by lambsbottom 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

You're thinking of the word commanding.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

kneehighmiah - "....the workload is less demanding, meaning less rigorous."

'Kay, I get it.

Although, the constant "listen, obey, and be blessed" manrta personally feels like a more demanding/rigorous psychological and emotional workload.

But maybe that's just me.

kneehighmiah - "You're thinking of the word commanding."

That works, too.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Remember what is most important to the Watchtower Society is "unity." They must have everyone unified in the same beliefs, the same rules, the same treatment. If they allow blood transfusions, then the ones who would have proudly and gladly died refusing blood transfusions will be stumbled. If they stop shunning, some will say, well I shunned my own child for 30 years and now you tell me it's OK to see them...then they will be stumbled. If they don't constantly have "new light" people will stop believing the Society has any "inside" connections with God, and so on and so on. They can't do much to save this mess they have gotten themselves into with their "teachings unique to Jehovah's Witnesses" that ALL MUST profess belief in.

A lie just gets messier and messier the longer it goes on and the more people start questioning it.

The Watchtower organisation is in serious trouble if you ask me. They cannot win for losing.

My sister and I left in our late 50's after being raised in. What a dramatic and sudden shift this was. It will be repeated thousands of times over until there is no one left but the try hard/die hards.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

whathappened - "...If they allow blood transfusions, then the ones who would have proudly and gladly died refusing blood transfusions will be stumbled. If they stop shunning, some will say, well I shunned my own child for 30 years and now you tell me it's OK to see them...then they will be stumbled. If they don't constantly have 'new light' people will stop believing the Society has any 'inside' connections with God, and so on and so on... They cannot win for losing."

That's one of the better insights I've read here, lately.

I must admit, I've never ever thought of the GB having a tiger by the tail.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think the Orgs actions shows their having problems with growth. Changing to DC's as the only place to get baptised because not enough people are coming in to support circuit assembly baptism, and let not forget the big push for children to get dunked. Thier desperate and if one looks at the yearbook most countries with good internet access the growth is done. Children are about it for the ORG and if we can continue to educated the public then it will stay this. The ORG will die off due to attrition, thats what killed the Shakers I believe.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Crazyguy - "Changing to DC's as the only place to get baptised..."

When did this hapen?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The irony.....

When I was young, the Governing Body communicated to us that a career in the 'world' was akin to polishing the brass on a sinking ship.

Now I am a secularist adult, I see 7 million brass polishers whilst 8 men await the construction of a life boat in a field....

So glad I walked away from the inevitible disaster. It isn't as if the HMS Watchtower was a pleasant place to be.

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

All I know is that most of the kids I grew up with are no longer "in". And I'm in my late 40's.

And my kids and most of their friends they grew up with are not "in" either. This is age group 20's-30's. The few that still go occasionally are clearly only in it for mommy & daddy. They're partying, getting tattoos, smoking pot. I see their facebook pages.

• Londo111
    Londo111

More important to the long-term survival of the organization than the number of doorknockers and seatwarmers is donations. Increases in third-world countries won’t bring in money.

In more developed countries, you can trap people in with the shunning policy so they won’t leave, but it doesn’t inspire those people to donate. And apathy finds its way into donations as well.

I’m not sure they are hurting financially as of yet with the real estate and other investments, but in the long-term, perhaps some of the more savvy Watchtower folks see the writing on the wall.

• Emery
    Emery

I'm in the process of waking up 2 new jdubs to TTATT. One is completely done with the organization but his wife is a believer and he doesn't want to lose her. The other person is going through a midlife crisis of sorts, but she can't seem to let go of "the friends". Im working on them but there is a LOT of turnover in my area. I would say that in my old congregation alone, almost all the young people (10) have left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit