org is dying

by lambsbottom 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

I don't understand why so many ex JWs and faders think that the JWs will continue to grow and thrive as a religion. I still attend a meeting once a week and you can smell the death of the religion creeping up when you hear the talks, read the study WTs and hear the letters from the GB. The way the organization has changed is a sign that it reached its peak (in "healthy" membership) long ago. The intelligent JWs are pissed and know the org is screwed beyond repair. The org attracts spiritually & mentally unhealthy people who bring their disease with them. Look at the Jonestown cult! At first, it was all sunshine and roses, utopias, and love (sort of). Then the cult started deteriorating quickly because of paranoia, pressure by law enforcement and the leader going absolutely crazy!

The JW religion IS dying and it is clear to younger JWs especially! Trust me! Most of the active JWs I know dont care what the GB says about education. They are in it for the social structure! Get dressed up for the convention and have a fun time visiting with old friends, then go out to eat. That is what they look forward to in this religion!

Anyway, maybe I'm wrong. But I say this religion (even though its always been 'sick') is slowly dying. My inactive spouse thinks he/she could be a Mormon more than a JW (dont worry, he/shes just comparing for fun). At least the Mormons give a damn if your children have good jobs, have a good education, and dont die because of a transfusion being denied.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

And yet the org still grows.

The same thing was said after 75.

And when the 'generation' doctrine was blown up in 95.

And when the UN scandal broke.

And when the bullshit known as overlapping generations was rolled out just a few years back.

So you still go? Why? You are wasting every single minute you get ready for it, attend, and drive back home. Zero return on investment.

And how many like you do the same? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Who knows?

The Watchtower Printing and Real Estate Investment Corporation isn't going anywhere. Sure growth may stop, even decline in the next decade or two. So what? Millions will still stay in, because they either can't or don't want to think.

Its up to you to get out.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Lambsbottom, why do you think that is? I think it's dying too. Yesteryear had interesting talks, the Watchtower and Awake were interesting and informative, and the Thursday night meetings had alot of assignments to look up and study. Then it got so flimsy and the rehashed information was so boring. I'm glad I'm out, and I really resent the 40 years I spent wasting my life dedicated to that false, closely controlled religion. My advice to any lurkers-don't give that religion one red cent, not one. They're a greedy, money hungry land-grabbing organization.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Yep I agree with LG. The org is here to stay, unfortunately. They have their mind control techniques down, and will continue to keep our friends and family captive and with "cleansed minds".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Where else would we go?

Doc

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I still attend a meeting once a week and you can smell the death of the religion creeping up when you hear the talks, read the study WTs and hear the letters from the GB. The way the organization has changed is a sign that it reached its peak (in "healthy" membership) long ago.

But if you think it's sick unto death, and your wife is inactive, why do you still attend it? Do you still do pioneer work? And what do you think of them doctrinally? Also, what do you hear, if anything, about the Seventh Day Adventists? They used to be very into their religion and they did have similar Adventist doctrines. And though many here have sounded the death knell for Mormonism, we're still doing quite well, though the state religion for the United Kingdom seems to be, at the moment, atheism.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

And though many here have sounded the death knell for Mormonism, we're still doing quite well

Of course they are doing well, the leaders of course. Sucking 10% off of the top of every single Mormon's income has to really add up!

God Needs Money!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

There definitely going to have to go through some changes and they will continue to loose and not gain many new members. But they will always get born ins to join and since these people are so easily led they will stay until death most of them. They will picks new date and focus the idiots on that and this will drive the young, they old will just keep thier mouths shut and not worn the kids. Look at all the idiots that are talking about paradise coming so soon at the conventions. They have been doing the same thing since 1914, and will continue but the internet will save a lot of people.

• millie210
    millie210

Dont know if "dying off" is happening or not but I am starting to sense a lack of momentum. Some of the pictures that are coming out now of the big regional assemblies show stadiums with MANY empty seats.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You just cant Bullshit people like you used to, they're more informed and a have better knowledge

base that 50, 60 years ago.

....... and the education level is higher .

......DAM those Colleges and Universities.

.....and Dam that inter-net for exposing organized frauds like the Watchtower Corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit