IS Science Absolute Truth

by seekchristonly 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

There is a research process, and it is quite simple. Identify a question - frame the question from a theoretical framework - from this question create hypotheses, and then test.

There is nothing mysterious about the process. Scientists create questions that have nothing to do with god, but it is still research.

In general results simply build on prior research. Rarely is there new light related to research. But that is ok, this is the process of scientific discovery.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Opinion is irrelevant if you haven't thought through the implications. Otherwise I might as well be having a conversation with a parrot. Have you noticed that you breeze right by the insightful posts and respond to the perceived insult?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I agree gjnat, it appears the the some are not using the capacity of critical thinking. With critical thinking I think our guest could come up with a better question.

• done4good
    done4good

I haven't read through this thread, but likely I am repeating was has already been said...

This question is based on a false premise. Therefore, it is invalid. Scientists do not claim "absolute truth". The very word "truth" is taboo in scientific circles, and likely to prevent any scientist from remaining in his/her career very long if they use it. Science is about formalized and rigorous inquiry. It is about creating a hypothesis, (a proposed explanation). A scientific hypothesis must be falsifiable, (able to be tested). Even when tested and proven, it does not constitute "truth", much less "absolute truth", whatever that means.

Understand what science is first, then rephrase your question.

d4g

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Have you noticed that you breeze right by the insightful posts and respond to the perceived insult?

This seems to be the sole intent of any of the OP's posts.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

ADCMS, thank you for calling a foul. There has got to be rules to these discussions.

Fouls are acts committed by players which are considered deemed by the referee to be unfair and are subsequently penalized. I here by designate you, ADCMS, the referee of this thread.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Until you know everything, there is no absolute truth. That is the first thing you need to understand. Yes, there are some scientists who seem very self confident and they insult those they feel are less intelligent. A reputable scientist would never claim absolute truth about everything.

That being said, a mature and rational person does not use any extreme to justify another. Your OP is pretty transparent. Just saying....

" If Science says GOD exists" will never happen. Maybe GOD could just show up and end all these debates.

DD

• Caedes
    Caedes

SCO,

You dont seem to be enagaging in any actual conversation. What would it take for you to think you may be wrong on the answers to the questions you raise?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I think he has severe ADD.

• designs
    designs

sco- What science classes did you take in school.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit