Books that changed your life-

by new hope and happiness 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Brown
    James Brown

On the Way out are you saying that you are Alan Miller who wrote Fade From the Truth on Amzon?

Fade From the Truth: A Tale of Learning then Unlearning the Beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses by Alan Miller (Apr 23, 2012)
  • Twitch
    Twitch

Cosmos - Carl Sagan

The Dune series - Frank Herbert

A Brief History of Time - Stephen Hawking

Crisis of Conscience - Ray Franz

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

1984, George Orwell

Hero with a Thousand Faces, Joseph Campbell

The Gnostic Gospels, The Origin of Satan, both by Elaine Pagels

The Lost Gospel, Burton Mack, highly recommended

Who Wrote the Bible, Richard Friedman

Jesus, a Revolutionary Biography; also Who Killed Jesus, by John Dominic Crossan

The Bible Unearthed, Israel Finkelstein

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

To Kill a Mockingbird

Old Man and the Sea

Sophie's Choice

The Cider House Rules

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

On the Way out are you saying that you are Alan Miller who wrote Fade From the Truth on Amzon?

Fade From the Truth: A Tale of Learning then Unlearning the Beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses by Alan Miller (Apr 23, 2012)

YES.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathatch

My daughter gave me this book, it has a little thought for each day of the year about being your authentic self, discovering your passions and living a fulfilling life. It helped me learn to trust my inner voice, to be spiritual without being religious and to celebrate the seasons. I credit it with helping me get out of the mental prison that is the Jehovah's Witnesses. It turns out that my authentic self didn't being in a cult.

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

To Kill a Mockingbird. Name me one character in the bible who has the moral fiber of Atticus Finch.

• Shador
    Shador

The Greatest Show on Earth and The God Delusion, both by Richard Dawkins.

• James Brown
    James Brown

On the way out, I just bought your book from Amazon.

It had good reviews.

I am lookng forward to reading it.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I feel a bit of a fraud having started this thread. Oubliette i took up your suggestion, but i have put the book away. I realize now i am not looking for a book to change " my entire world view". I think maybe instead i want to live it and exsperience my " life change". And as i live it i will write it. Maybe you cant write it if you havnt lived it. Anyway i realise i enjoy words and being on this site has got me to thinking and wondering and in a funny way i like to think what i write on variouse posts is changing my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit