Resurrection talk at convention

by innerpeace 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

The elephant in the room is the ever-present teaching that in order to have this hope you have to keep doing more and more for the organization.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The speaker said that the "dead" at Revelation 20:12 are those resurrected during the millennial reign. He specifically said that we know this because they are "before" the throne,

And I know there's a unicorn up my bum because there's a paperclip on my desk and 7 paedophile loving men in Brooklyn told me so.

What crap!

• Emma
    Emma

This is what got my mom and grandma in as they'd lost my mom's brother and father in a short time. Both believed they'd never die. My mom was terrified of death. I didn't know when she was ill and dying and I wonder how she coped. I doubt my sisters had much empathy for her, would have named it being weak in faith if she showed fear.

• nugget
    nugget

Visited my MIL this weekend (whole other story) she complained that as her son hadn't been able to make this visit that the next time he saw her would be at her funeral. I just said to her " but mum don't you believe you will live forever?" She never said another word about it she is 75 and perhaps like many elderly ones is struggling to believe that she will never die.

• sir82
    sir82

The talk / video is pure emotional manipulation.

It is a cold, calculated, cynical ploy to keep JWs "loyal" to the GB (if you're not "loyal", you won't see your dead mother / father / brother / sister / child ever again!)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

VIDEO (on screen): Daughter watches mother die in hospital. She then reflects on pictures and memories she had. Then it shows the future when she is resurrected. Delight to know there will be welcoming home sessions in store in paradise for our loved ones.

They never stop to consider that this is actually evidence that The Truth (TM) is a big lie.

Every faithful JDub that dies is further evidence!

Yes, Millions now Dead..........ARE DEAD...........there is no chance that they will "never die" as they were promised by "God's Spokesman", the "modern day Ezekiel Class prophet", etc etc

Worldwide, there are only about 300,000 who were alive in 1914.

Doc

• pronomono
    pronomono

I was there too. It was pure, unadulterated, emotional propaganda. They've know that once you are fully emotionaly in, all logic and reason falls by the wayside. Everyone's eyes in New Orleans were all glossed over. It was pitiful. I almost started to laugh because it was so ridiculous.

• innerpeace
    innerpeace

Agree the video was definately for emotional manipulation, even though I didn't see, my mom told me about it. How the woman's mother dies and then later appears in her kitchen. Sounds more like a horror movie.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

I was at the convention this past weekend and while I prob have quite a bit to say about it all, this video was just as pronomono said - " pure, unadulterated, emotional propaganda."

I actually did start to laugh before I realized it. I was, at the time, surrounded by African-Americain witnesses and made a joke to myself that "I guess only white people get resurrected" LOL. (white people were in the video of course)

Many people were crying. It was a pathetic, cheap ploy. The organization has no conscience. They keep feeding this bible fantasy to stir up emotions in their followers to keep them trapped.

Shameless control tactic. Up on the jumbotron no less. Very 1984.

-TE

• clarity
    clarity

I've heard this crap since 1960 .......

How many people do you think have died

since then?

Horrible cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit