Resurrection talk at convention

by innerpeace 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• innerpeace
    innerpeace

I didn't go to the convention but have family who did, all are going on about the resurrection talk, how there wasn't a dry eye in the arena. And apparently a video was shown too on it. We lost a family member some years back and they are on fb talking about the resurrection and new world coming soon. Was anyone there for it, or have family too that is talking about it? The society seems to be really appealing to everyone's emotional side.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS standard grab is "everlasting life in perfect health on a paradise earth surrounded by your resurrected family and friends"

Why the resurrection when the WTS advertises that jws living today have the hope of never dying, living right through Armageddon into the new system? How many jws have died believing that promise?

• innerpeace
    innerpeace

So true blondie, so many have died believing that. Now with my parents getting older, they are probably clinging to the hope of a resurrection even more, since the new system isn't here yet.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The society seems to be really appealing to everyone's emotional side.

It's a well known propaganda technique so no surprise there!

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Sunday Morning 09:40 Anticipate Future Kingdom Blessings

VIDEO (on screen): Daughter watches mother die in hospital. She then reflects on pictures and memories she had. Then it shows the future when she is resurrected. Delight to know there will be welcoming home sessions in store in paradise for our loved ones.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I was there. It was pure, unadulterated propaganda. The speaker said that the "dead" at Revelation 20:12 are those resurrected during the millennial reign. He specifically said that we know this because they are "before" the throne, which according to WTBTS dogma is on Earth. ( a separate subject, yet related) These "dead" are judged out of "new" scrolls...ahem.

Keep in mind that the WTBTS says the the dead of Revelation 20 are those who are resurrected on Earth. Let's assume an earthly resurrection is the case. Now look at Revelation 20:5. The WT leaders will try to spin this verse, but clearly they are either wrong about the identity of the dead, the location, the timing, or all 3.

DD

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Appealing to people's weaknesses and hope to see dead loved ones. That's cruel.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

People join religions, and people become believers, purely on emotion. Lets face it, charlatans like the WT/JW bunch have NOTHING else to use to attract and to keep people.

They do not have any kind of truth in their religion, no good works for non-believers, (some people join religins because of the true charity work they do, Sally Army for example) and not even any decent tunes to their "songs".

Emotional verbal claptrap is all that is left.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

These "dead" are judged out of "new" scrolls

If a JW actually ever read their Bible, and this verse specifically, they'd see the word "new" is not in that verse-never was. A total WT fabrication.

A resurrection is probably about the only thing WT has going for it to keep JWs around. I think most know Armageddon isn't coming in their lifetime.

• designs
    designs

My mother went to her grave 30 years ago believing she would never die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit