This week's WT study...made me so sick.....

by stuckinarut2 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This week's study April 15th 2014 was called "Do you see the one who is invisible?"

It was perhaps one of the most depressing, controlling, fear-mongering, stress inducing, doctrinally incorrect, hate-inspiring, judgemental, cult-like, irrational, hyped-up, critical, crazy, stretched out, fanciful, illogical, burdensome, inflated, coersive, manipulative, and brain-snappingly weird stuff I have read for some time...

(But I'm sure it was just a rehash and repeat of previous stuff...for the new masses....)

I had to keep up a sane appearance while in the hall, and even answer some garbage while this was being 'studied'..

My Cognitive Disonance must be so strong now, because I found this one of the hardest ones to endure....now that I am home, I have poured a stiff drink and am trying to clear my head.....

One paragraph was classic:

"Soon our lives will seem to be in peril. By the climax of the great tribulation, the governmants of this world will have devastated and completely destroyed religious organizations that were larger and more numerous than ours. With our physical eyes, it will appear that we have no chance of survival. How will you react?"

And

"Faith in Jehovah (GB) will help you conquer your fears. If powerful officials try to restrict your freedom to worship God, it may seem that your life, welfare and future are in human hands...remember: The antidote to fear of man is faith in God"

And

"Under angelic direction, Jehovahs people are conveying an important message: "fear god and give him glory because the hour of judgement by him has arrived"

"It is our responsibility to preach...are we moved...like the parable of the samaritan to help others or do we go by on the opposing side of the road?"

etc....

The answers from the audience were so cultlike and hyped up!

One even pulled out the classic comment from that WT last year or so, regarding the "need to do whatver the GB says no matter how strange it may appear to be in order to survive"!

I would love to hear others feedback from this weeks study!!

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

"It was perhaps one of the most depressing, controlling, fear-mongering, stress inducing, doctrinally incorrect, hate-inspiring, judgemental, cult-like, irrational, hyped-up, critical, crazy, stretched out, fanciful, illogical, burdensome, inflated, coersive, manipulative, and brain-snappingly weird stuff I have read for some time..."

Aww, tell us how you REALLY feel... ;)

Seriously, UGH! The title of the article, is enough to set off alarm bells. I haven't read it, and wasn't planning to read it. So sorry you have to put yourself through that horrid mess. So glad to hear there are at least some people with enough sense to realize what a mess the Watchtower has become.

Do you think that some of the comments from the audience are planted or scripted? I got that feeling, when we visited a KH last fall for the July 15, 2013 WT study.

Best to you! You have my condolences.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

thanks faithful witness!

nah the sad part is that those answering seem to really beleive the garbage they say!

For me, its just getting harder and harder to keep up the pretend front...

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Far out Brussels sprout! All that talk about the governments gonna persecute is pure paranoia. No wonder jws are paranoid and see persecution in every eye and inflection of the voice.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I too am sorry for you that you feel you have no choice but to expose yourself to such lies.

But as far as the study goes,even if God was coming to destroy religious organizations, my bet would be, the WT would be one of the first to cop it.

They are actually prophesying about there own demise. Idiots.

There is nothing to distinguish them from any other organized religion, and in many cases they are worse.

They have some deluded notion that Jesus is their personal attack dog, and because they say "sick em" he will destroy all other religions for them.

Truly pathetic.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

True point sparrowdown!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Yes, it's sickening, but there is a good side to such crazy apocalyptic rhetoric. By being so nutty they paint themselves further and further into their doomsday cult corner, causing ever more polarisation between the hardcore loyalist lunatic fringe JW's and the reasonable minded, sensible, intelligent JW's, who will eventually experience disconfirmaton and cognitive dissonanace, and distance themselves from the organisation and perhaps leave altogether.

There's always a price to pay for delusional, false utterances to international mass audiences. The bigger the delusional, false claim, the bigger the eventual price to be paid. It's a kind of karma.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Do you think that some of the comments from the audience are planted or scripted?

Of course. They ALL are because the mind-numbed JDubs just read their answers from the paragraphs.

No room for independent thinking at the KHall.

Doc

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Tell me about it DoC!

when I gave answers that were not straight from the paragraph months ago in a study, I got told off for "soapboxing my own thoughts". All I said though was the same stuff from the paragraph but in a different way!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

when I gave answers that were not straight from the paragraph months ago in a study, I got told off for "soapboxing my own thoughts". All I said though was the same stuff from the paragraph but in a different way!

Tsk, tsk to the person who told you off. They are not in line with theocratic direction.

*** jl lesson 9 How Can We Best Prepare for the Meetings? ***

When you can answer the question, underline or highlight a few key words or phrases in the paragraph that will bring the answer back to your mind. Then, at the meeting, you can raise your hand if you wish and make a brief comment in your own words.

*** w03 9/1 p. 21 Praise Jehovah “in the Middle of the Congregation” ***

Learn to answer in your own words. Reading a comment from the study material may indicate that you have found the right answer, and it may be a good way to get started commenting. But progressing to answer in your own words shows that you understand the point. Our publications need not be quoted verbatim. Jehovah’s Witnesses do not simply repeat what their publications say.

*** be p. 70 par. 2 Know How You Ought to Answer ***

Learn to comment in your own words rather than reading directly from the paragraph. Do not become disturbed if a comment you make does not come out exactly right. That happens occasionally to everyone who comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit