The world cup

by Laika 98 Replies latest social physical

• Laika
    Laika

Great stuff! Pleased for them, but would be surprised if they beat Belgium.

And 4 month ban for Suarez. Silly man.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

USA did OK. 39% possession, never enough to win, but it could easily have been a draw and the point gained from that could have been essential. As it was the USA go through on goal difference.

Basically, the USA won one, lost one and drew one. So they gained 3 points for the win and 1 for the draw. A total of 4 points. Portugal, who are in the same group, also played 1, drew 1 and lost 1, but in the process conceded 3 goals more than the USA, so the USA went into second place in the group and portugal third. Consequently, USA go into the last 16.

Well done!

• undercover
    undercover

The World Cup: A sport where you play a 3 game season, win only one third of your games and still make the playoffs.

• besty
    besty

I have been watching the number of first half/second half reversals

5 so far in this World Cup...

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

So wait, the US lost, and we're still advancing? Sweet. I'm starting to like this sport.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

So wait, the US lost, and we're still advancing? Sweet. I'm starting to like this sport.

No. They were mediocre but slightly better than Portugal so they just edged it.

Enjoy it. After all, most of the US team play in the English Premier league - the highest accolade of all!

• prologos
    prologos

US goalie , with 16 saves in one game nominated for US secretary of defence.

France against Germany coming up in 16 hours.

• prologos
    prologos

10 hours to the meeting of the friendly neighbours. with differences:

The french play ball-foot, they look at the masculine sun and the feminine moon, opposite many of us like the german team. so: may the best team win and

vivre la difference in goals scored.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

What's happening with Brazil????? WOW!

• Laika
    Laika

Ridiculous!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit