What is your biggest gripe with the WT and it's teachings?

by FL_Panthers 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I was just thinking.. How can one have a biggest gripe about the Watchtower? That's like asking: "What's your biggest gripe about the Taliban".

There can be no biggest gripe when every single thing about the Watchtower is so completely twisted and wrong. I for one can not think of a single truely positive thing to say about the Watchtower organisation. So if I am forced to choose.. I guess one could say my biggest gripe is that they exist at all.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good comment Dis-member!

• twice shy
    twice shy

Disfellowshipping people like they can read hearts and yet, they never quote that the apostle Matthew was a tax collector while they quote scripture to justify their view point..

Lack of Love shown

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

In my case, my biggest gripe with Watchtower is that they reached me at my most vulnerable moment and convinced me that there was no need to seek real help for my vulnerabilities because Jehovah gave me a purpose in life for the short time left in this system. I carried unaddressed issues for over 20 years because of this.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

That making a vow to; "God's Spirit Directed Organization" (a number of brothers) immediately prior to full immersion, is essential for salvation.

2 Thessalonians 2:4

He is set in opposition and lifts himself up over everyone who is called "god" or an object of reverence, so that he sits down in the temple of The God, publicly showing himself to be a god.

abe

• oppostate
    oppostate

For me it's a matter of trust.

I no longer trust anything they print or proclaim during conventions, assemblies and meetings.

I am disgusted by all the rubbish they've force fed me and all those who've put their trust in them over the years.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i suppose i'm not sure they are what i consider christian.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

1) Blood doctrine, and then the pivot to make it seem like because blood could be "healthier", that they were right all along. Yeah....not loosing blood at all would be super healthy! Idiots. This doctrine is in my mind the most indefensable, and has caused the most damage.

2) Disfellowshipping. A hard line misinterpretation of scripture that puts the org in line with the Pharisees....not Jesus.

3) You cannot question anything. If you are done wrong its "wait on Jehovah" time depite the fact nothing in the bible requires that.

4) The PANIC that people are infused with regarding any dissenting thought, and the ease with which someone can be hypocritical and not even realize it.

Example: Family asks me if I will let my two year old make his own decisions regarding God and religion. I say, of course, but I will also not knowingly expose him to things I deem untrue or harmful.....hes 2. Well when we watch him we cannot, not talk about Jehovah or take him to meetings.

Then don't watch him.

But you said he could make his own decisions.

Ok lets flip this. Lets say your child comes to stay with us. Is it cool with you if I decide to explain to him why a global flood is impossible and creates a moral issue with a lving creator? If it isn't, then respect my right to raise my kid. If he decides to be a JW when hes 18 (yeah right), then so be it.

**crickets**

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Annoying? Its a little beyond annoying for me.

Without going all scriptural on you,

its the misuse of two scripotures that boggles my mind,

the one about the three servants, given "Talents" and these

might as well mean skills, intelligence, resources, and personal

talent for anything, two of the servants use their Talents

and one buries his in the ground. From this they come up

with the "faithful and discreet slave" Hierarchy of central

authority and the governing body?

What a self serving interpretation. When it is just about

us folks out here, living our lives and using our talents

instead of burying them in the ground. The defering of lives

the stunting of lives the misdirection of loyalty to the GB.

This is what locks down JW's. Then they top that off by using

the scripture that says " I was hungry and you fed me, naked

and you clothed me, sick and you took care of me ....."

The WT makes that scripture about the GB as well.

Its about how we treat other people in the world in general.

Because, guess what, no one knows who Jesus considers

his "little ones" it not for us to say or judge and it has nothing

to do with "belonging to an organization."

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

End of the word thinking, the world is so wicked, things are so bad, etc.

The horrible way they treat women, they have no status or function, and no respect

Discourage young people from getting an education, robbing them of opportunities for education and fulfilling employment.

Judicial committeies and the rdiculous preoccupation with finding and punishing people for being human

Disfellowshipping/shunning and breaking up families

Flip flops on doctrines

Protecting child molestors

Lack of love in the congregations

Wrong date predictions then pretending that they didn't make wrong date predictions

It's a cult, it's a cult, it's a cult cult cult.

Did I say it's a cult?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit