What is your biggest gripe with the WT and it's teachings?

by FL_Panthers 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

The use of phobias to indoctrinate children so the WBTS can manipulate them psychologically later in life. I believe this is a form of child abuse.

• forest heathen
    forest heathen

They say they are not a cult. But they are.

"Mental regulating of Jehovah"? Just another way of saying WT mind control .

Arbitrary DFing decisions:

A married elder in a congregation I attended carried on an affair for over 11 years. Not disfellowshipped. Reproved. Because he repented???

No his name wasn't King David. But the standard was the same.

My JW friend got pregnant by non-believer. She was repentant and tried to do the right thing by marrying her child's father. She was disfellowshipped.

I left the religion after I realized I just was never happy anymore. I couldn't live without joy.

~ Forest Heathen

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi Forest Heathen... I like your name. : )

If you have the time why not start a new thread and tell us a bit about your self . Only what you feel comfortable with. After posting you have 30 minutes to edit or delete. You use the little yellow pencil on your top right to do that.

Oh, and Welcome to JWN!

LoisLane

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

Lies

Hypocrisy

Conditional love

Blind obedience

Blind obedience

Lies

You are expected to question other beliefs, religions, but never the Watchtower.

For those who are still studying, please. Don't follow our footsteps.

As you can see, many of us here have been traumatized, our lives wasted on nothing..

And here are some of us trying to keep our sanity or heal ourselves.

Please, don't make the same mistake as we did.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I echo all of the above.. Perhaps it would be easier to list anything UNIQUE to JWs that is positive and improves the individuals mental, emotional or physical well being. Ill wait....

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The belief and teaching that seeking the kingdom = Meetings and Field service and seeking first the kingdom = more Meetings and more Field service

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

The over dramasizing (i hope that's the right word) of Satan and the demons. I lived in fear of them for years. Poor kids growing up with that sht.

• Comatose
    Comatose

The self-righteous attitude so many get to put on comparing themselves to others in the hall. "More holy than you" attitude displayed by same. Looking down their noses at the "weak one". Making their conscience the ONLY right course of action.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Teaching that they are the exclusive holders of the Truth. This teaching is a trap for all the others that follow, preventing the student from following independent inquiry, or applying any skepticism.

If they acknowledged that they are a garden-variety religion like any other, they would have to become a kinder, friendlier religion. After all, their congregants could then "shop" anywhere for a better experience.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

1) False / fake conditional friends

2) Never admitting past errors or taking ownership for their mistakes.

3) Uniformity masked as "unity" (no room for individual thinking)

ETC...I could go on, and on,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit