What is your biggest gripe with the WT and it's teachings?

by FL_Panthers 63 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

They train JWs in the art of attack and paranoia. Rather than really examining their own religion, they deflect by finding something "worse" in Christendom or other religion. JWs don't even see how they have been twisted in this way.

Oh, and their finely developed moral superiority that is based on NOTHING actually different than any other religions teach or practice. In any case, they don't actually practice it any better, they just brag about it. Its annoying to listen to their cloying self praise.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

1.) Shunning (D/F)

2.) Blood Doctrine

Really those two being elminated would make the religion more palpable.

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

everything

even the one holiday we celebrate sucked

talking snakes.....please

talking donkeys...unreal

shunning...this one really gets my goat

1914 teaching....have seen so many of my relatives die believing in this pipe dream

demons are everywhere.....caused a couple of my family members to lose their mind

elders are future princes.........if those people are to be the princes where do i sign up for the revolt?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What is your biggest gripe with the WT and it's teachings?'

..............................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I don't have a favourite gripe.

It's all a big steaming pile if shyte.

• cofty
    cofty

Cofty - Really ? Really ? - Villagegirl

Yes really. All their other faults are based on this basic error.

Behind every oppressive demand is the explicit or implicit assertion - "god says....."

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

The only mouthpiece for a Supreme Being.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Sexism, they denigrate 50% of the human population and then say 'we love our dear sisters'. Yuck!

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

1914, the blood doctrine, and the false predictions are my biggest issues. While claiming to have "truth", they continue to ignore any reasonsble arguments that contradict them. And what really bothered me about predicting false dates more than the act itself is condemning others who have done the same thing.

Shunning because you no longer believe in this religion is also an issue. If you don't believe it in, you should be free to go Without heavy punishment

• bigmac
    bigmac

i dont like the uniform

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit